1.    #1  
    what do you see as the positives and negatives of your move?
    Not really any major issues other than having to watch my data use.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

does att price match or employer discout match?
    My employer had a better discount through ATT than Sprint by about 5%, so it actually saves me money over here.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

i love sprints unlimited data and calls to any cell phone... but i think i may leave if sprint doesnt get the pre3
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by nightdevil21 View Post
    i love sprints unlimited data and calls to any cell phone... but i think i may leave if sprint doesnt get the pre3
    Well AT&T has the unlimited calls to any cell phone too but yeah I sure love the unlimited data on Sprint. I think it's only $10/gig if you go over on AT&T so it wont kill you if you do. I've onlt had 2 months where I exceeded 2 gig of data on Sprint probably due to tethering which I don't do too often.
    I LOVE the fact that I switched to AT&T from Sprint. I used to have signal problems ALL the time, and when I did have signal I had speed problems. I have a few days out of the month where I have to leave my phone in a locker inside a locked room inside a concrete building for over 8 hours. My Sprint Pre 2 would be dead within an hour to two hours. Airplane mode would keep me at about 70% by the end of the 8 hours. AT&T, with two bars of signal, keeps me at about 60% at the end of the 8 hours. I'm getting battery life comparable to the phone on Airplane mode (remember: this is with NO use at ALL, screen off, but email on push).

I couldn't be happier with the switch. I feel like now I can do TRUE multitasking. When i'm out and about, and someone calls me to ask me something I have to look up, I'd say "hold on, let me call you back". Now I can say "one sec, let me actually take advantage of the multitasking capability of my phone" (I don't honestly say that, but I can now!).

Data cap is not a problem at all. I watched my data usage on Sprint for the entire time I had it, and in about 14 months, I went over 2 gigs for TWO months. Those two months were when I didn't have internet at home and had to tether to my laptop just to use it at home. I have WiFi pretty much everywhere (work and home) and when I'm out and about, i'm not torrenting BluRays or anything. With heavy GPS (Google Maps, as well as Bing) usage for a few days and moderate usage the rest of the time, after two weeks my data usage has barely passed 500 MBs. Which means half way through the month (my usage should be roughly 1 GB to meet the cap) I'm only using 1/4 instead of 1/2 of my data allotment. To some people the 2 GB cap is terrible, but I watched my usage carefully and easily justified the switch.

I honestly can't rave enough about the switch. The price is definitely a lot, but for someone like me (who had 0 service where I work, and minimal to no service around where I work) its the greatest thing that ever happened.

I'm also getting consistent download speeds of about 800 kb/s to 1 Mb/s when I only have two bars. I got anywhere from 300 to 600 kb/s on Sprint.
    I'm thinking about switching myself, but I know I've hit 5GB and up a few times on my Pre, and my friends on AT&T drop calls a lot (obviously this is dependent on where you live as well).

I think maybe I could handle the cap, since those times I hit 5GB were from re-downloading apps after a webOS Doctor, but I hate the idea of it in principle.

I do really like the idea of having a SIM card I could switch between my Veer and Pre 3 depending on where I was going though. (Of course, the one phone per webOS Account would be a problem though).

The big issue though is still cost.

I pay $55 a month after my discount for unlimited everything (450 minutes, but really that's unlimited) with Sprint. But let's even go with regular price, and it's $70 a month (though $80 as soon as I activate a new phone / premium data).

I need unlimited texting in addition to data, so with AT&T it's:

$40 voice + $25 2GB + $20 texting/calling = $85.
    However, I also use GPS a ton, so it's either paying for Ndrive at $50 one-time (and having tested Ndrive for a little while for the beta, it's still not as good a solution as the Telenav-based ones), or paying for AT&T Navigator which is another $10 monthly. And if I wanted 4GB and tethering included (FreeTether is great, but if I'm tethering my laptop, chances are I need more than 2GB), that's another $20.

So I'm looking at $85-$115 with AT&T as opposed to the $80 (which again, is $25 more than I'm paying at the moment) with Sprint. I don't know, I'll probably see what happens in the next few months.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 08/03/2011 at 02:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm thinking about switching myself, but I know I've hit 5GB and up a few times on my Pre, and my friends on AT&T drop calls a lot (obviously this is dependent on where you live as well).

I think maybe I could handle the cap, since those times I hit 5GB were from re-downloading apps after a webOS Doctor, but I hate the idea of it in principle.

I do really like the idea of having a SIM card I could switch between my Veer and Pre 3 depending on where I was going though. (Of course, the one phone per webOS Account would be a problem though).

The big issue though is still cost.

I pay $55 a month after my discount for unlimited everything (450 minutes, but really that's unlimited) with Sprint. But let's even go with regular price, and it's $70 a month (though $80 as soon as I activate a new phone / premium data).

I need unlimited texting in addition to data, so with AT&T it's:

$40 voice + $25 2GB + $20 texting/calling = $85.
    However, I also use GPS a ton, so it's either paying for Ndrive at $50 one-time, or paying for AT&T Navigator which is another $10 monthly. And if I wanted 4GB and tethering included (FreeTether is great, but if I'm tethering my laptop, chances are I need more than 2GB), that's another $20.

So I'm looking at $85-$115 with AT&T as opposed to the $80 (which again, is $25 more than I'm paying at the moment) with Sprint. I don't know, I'll probably see what happens in the next few months.
    you hit the cost comparison exactly.
    I would switch but it is expensive... ATT should comp any Pre users the difference of their plan if they swapped! I would leave so quick!
    Gotta stay in the "NO"
    You guys should look into discounts on AT&T. They may help reduce the hefty price. I agree AT&T is more, but for me I was dropping calls with Sprint all the time (I don't blame Sprint service, I just didn't have any service). Now with AT&T, like I mentioned above, I only have two bars but consistent voice and data, even in concrete buildings. That was my biggest gripe with Sprint, and AT&T fixed it. I gladly pay about $10 or so dollars more per month for it (add in the fact that I'll actually be able to get and use a Pre 3, as well as the fact that there won't be a $10 data charge, I HOPE) it actually comes out to be a fair trade, for my specific case.

Not to mention the ENORMOUS difference in battery life. I really didn't realize how TERRIBLE of a battery hog a CDMA radio is when it can't find solid signal.

Like I said, do your research, look at what you think works for you, and then make the right decision. I'm personally a HUGE fan of unlocked devices and having a SIM card to drop into any phone I choose.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Like I said, do your research, look at what you think works for you, and then make the right decision. I'm personally a HUGE fan of unlocked devices and having a SIM card to drop into any phone I choose.
    Yeah, like I mentioned this is what tempts me. I think I might see what happens when the Pre 3 officially is released.
    Hey guys, I found this thread so I didn't have to start a new one.

My girlfriend and I are looking to get our own plan soon, and with AT&T because I just got a Pre 3 and she loves the Veer. So, that being said, we're coming from Sprint and obviously it's pretty cheap there.

Minutes aren't a huge deal, especially since AT&T has roll over which I think is genius. The big thing is, data, same for most people. I don't need unlimited, I guess, but I'd like to be safe with the amount I use and I don't want to pay a ton.

What would be the best advice for us? I was looking at their go plans, and they have the $50 unlimited or the $25 for 250 minutes. Would the go plan work with the Veer/Pre 3?

Just curious to see what other people have done coming from Sprint and if they have 2+ people on their lines.

Thanks
    Sprint Love
    Anyone?
    Sprint Love
    I have been using the go plan on my pre plus, veer and also pre 3 now. I have only tested data with pre plus and veer and not pre 3. However data is pretty expensive on go plans ($5 for 10 Mb, $15 for 100 Mb and $25 for 500 Mb).

Since this is my 2nd phone I only use $2 on the day i send messages or make or receive calls.

Simple Mobile )tmobile MVNO is offering unlimted, text data and sms for $40 per month (pre paid) but the phones will need to be unlocked to be used that way.

H2O (an at&t MVNO) offers same service for $60 (phone will still need to be unlocked).
    Quote Originally Posted by sapient2k7 View Post
    I have been using the go plan on my pre plus, veer and also pre 3 now. I have only tested data with pre plus and veer and not pre 3. However data is pretty expensive on go plans ($5 for 10 Mb, $15 for 100 Mb and $25 for 500 Mb).

Since this is my 2nd phone I only use $2 on the day i send messages or make or receive calls.

Simple Mobile )tmobile MVNO is offering unlimted, text data and sms for $40 per month (pre paid) but the phones will need to be unlocked to be used that way.

H2O (an at&t MVNO) offers same service for $60 (phone will still need to be unlocked).
    Great, thanks for the info. But if you use TMO or H2O, you'll only get EDGE speeds right?
    Sprint Love
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Great, thanks for the info. But if you use TMO or H2O, you'll only get EDGE speeds right?
    H2O gives HSPA+, but it's throttled.
    With t-mobile or Simple mobile you will get edge speeds only since the phone lacks 1700 AWS band. With H2O thew phone has the right antenna to get 3G.
    I switched from Sprint to ATT so I could get the Veer (which I love).
    I haven't notice a difference in coverage (talk & net) in my area anyway.

Sprint is cheaper and is unlimited.

Att is more expensive.
    But you can talk and surf at the same time.
    GSM is better on the battery.
    Sim cards are nice when you need to switch phones quickly.
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.