1.    #1  
    Hi,

Is it possible (at least theoretically to start with) to hook up another device throught the USB Hotsync cable (a laptop for example) to the Treo with GPRS and to use its connection to the internet.

Basically you would need a Palm app that does the routing of IP packets to the USB connection and on the laptop some generic USB modem driver or something.

Or another approach with the same effect?
    ReindeR
    there as a software called Treomodem that does this via a serial connection. Unfortunately, it was withdrawn by the author.

Originally posted by reinder.rustema
    Hi,

Is it possible (at least theoretically to start with) to hook up another device throught the USB Hotsync cable (a laptop for example) to the Treo with GPRS and to use its connection to the internet.

Basically you would need a Palm app that does the routing of IP packets to the USB connection and on the laptop some generic USB modem driver or something.

Or another approach with the same effect?
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by yardie
    there as a software called Treomodem that does this via a serial connection. Unfortunately, it was withdrawn by the author.

Yes, I already had an e-mail exchange with Scott Gruby, the author (who also posts on Usenet I see in Google). We jokingly concluded that only people who hire him as a consultant with a reasonable hourly fee can get the software. Jokingly, because it is highly unlikely someone would do it just for this software.

Maybe a company should stand up who buys the software from Gruby and takes care of the customer support. Handspring for example!

Personally I am interested in making it work under Mac OS X 10.2...
    ReindeR