Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Sorry guys. I didn't follow-up. I had to go to the store and get a SIM that was not locked to the phone. Then it worked. I even previously called customer service to see if the card was locked and they said no. They were wrong, so if you get a card with a phone, chances are good that it is probably a locked SIM. I did have some issues after unlocking the phone but it may not be cause for concern. have a look at this thread if you are thinking about also unlocking your phone
    http://forums.precentral.net/hp-veer...lunlock-5.html
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    SIMs really should not be locked to phones, but to your account and number. Even prepaid ones. But in my case, I do believe I got a stand alone SIM that was activated for prepaid. But this is the first I've ever heard of a SIM being locked to the phone, maybe except for the microSIM for iPhone. But even that can be inserted into a standard SIM adapter and moved.

Maybe you were supposed to activate the GoPhone first, then move the SIM? I did my activation in person though. I guess the corporate stores do have advantages.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12