1.    #1  
    Hi all,

Keep in mind that Congress doesn't directly have a say in yes or no in the proposed merger.

See the link for the rest of the story.

Take care all,

Jay

Republicans, Democrats Skeptical of AT&T Deal

By REUTERS, May 26, 2011, (Editing by Maureen Bavdek)

http://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2011/...gewanted=print

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Lawmakers from both sides of the aisle expressed skepticism on Thursday that AT&T's proposed buy of T-Mobile USA would lead to the consumer benefits that the wireless company has promised.

The huge deal has been attacked as a bad idea because it would further reduce the number of wireless carriers. Additionally, critics say the loss of discount carrier T-Mobile could lead to higher prices for consumers.

AT&T Chairman Randall Stephenson painted the proposed transaction as a way to extend the company's reach into the countryside and other underserved areas.
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    I am skeptical, too.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I am skeptical, too.
    Hi,

Frankly if Canada is an example of what will happen, I hope the deal gets torpedoed.....they had one large firm gobble up a smaller one and prices rose for all services. At least one of the Canadian providers are now offering 3 year deals for smartphones. Two years is too long, considering how fast smartphone tech changes....

Take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group