Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I have a 270 with GPRS 1.1. Everything works perfectly, including Blazer and Snappermail.
    Today I wanted to try Xiino. However whenever I try to open a web page with it, after connecting to GPRS it says "Looking up DNS..." for a few secons, and then a dialog box appears saying "connection timed out".
    If I now go to Blazer, I can see any web page with no problem. But if I then go to Xiino, nothing. Same as described above.
    In summary, my GPRS connection works nicely with Blazer and other email apps, but not with Xiino.
    Can anybody tell me why?
    I just installed Xiino yesterday myself on my 270 and it works! I'm also running the gprs update 1.1 and actually am posting this reply from Xiino! Did you change any of the settings under the Xiino prefs menu? I didn't touch the settings at all and when connected to gprs the little telephone icon on the bottom corner of Xiino menu shows that I'm connected.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Also in my case there is the little telephone icon that shows I am connected. This is not the point. I am definetely connected, as Blazer works fine. Xiino however seems to have a problem talking to the DNS...
    Have you checked to be sure the proxy pds.ilinx.co.jp is in the server portion of page two of the preferences? I'm not sure if missing it would cause this problem.

You may want to use ping on your desktop to determine the IP for this server and enter it that way.

Geoffrey
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Thank you for the suggestion. I replaced the proxy name with its IP address, and now Xiino works.
    Just one comment on Xiino now. It is much, much better than Blazer! It is so much faster, and finally I can view pages which were not viewable with Blazer.
    Really a must-have product for Treo owners.
    I am also having trouble with Xiino. In my case I get connecting/receiving data constantly and then finally "Too many redirections" error. All sites produce this error.
    I have installed Xiino, and I get a "receiving" message when I go to a site, and then it eventually times out. Blazer works fine though. I tried the IP address trick mentioned above, but it still doesn't work. Is anybody else having this problem?
    Originally posted by gmaugham

You may want to use ping on your desktop to determine the IP for this server and enter it that way.

Geoffrey
    Could you be more specific and explain how to use 'ping' to get the IP address?

Thank you.
    Originally posted by dnederlof
    I have installed Xiino, and I get a "receiving" message when I go to a site, and then it eventually times out. Blazer works fine though. I tried the IP address trick mentioned above, but it still doesn't work. Is anybody else having this problem?
    I do too...
    This was a problem with Xiino server processing images yesterday. It was resolved overnight.

It affected Xiino if you had the Always Download images switch on.

It was working again this morning just fine.

There is an official explanation from Xiino elswhere in this forum.
    I don't think it is a very useful program, If we have to depend on their server always working!
    I like Xiino's speed and I have not had any problems before yesterday (I have used it for several months). I have some issues with it regarding images size.

Xiino can go to some web sites that Blazer can't go (it has very limited, but useful javascript capabilities).

I keep Blazer for the images issue as a backup.

No browser is perfect.
    One good point for Xiino:
    I can access Hotmail from the browser, while it is impossible with Blazer (I have to use the beautiful trick explained somewhere in this forum with Avantgo).

But the screen looks like a mess.
    Not only with Hotmail, but with Google and all other Web site I visited.
    Xiino seems to have difficulties to re-arrange Web pages, while Blazer does a better job.

But it must be said that Xiino is much faster.