Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AT&T is the worst with this credit stuff. It's borderline ridiculous.
    I have only 2 years of credit history (but a good rating) and this tells me I'd probably STILL be asked to pay the deposit at AT&T. I got my wife an iPhone in a Verizon store 2 weeks ago and we had no problem. No deposits.

Screw AT&T. For this and many other reasons I'll never join that network.

Sad though because I would have liked to have a Veer.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    OP, do you want me to change the title of your thread to more accurately reflect your issue? The current title carries negative connotations towards the Veer itself.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    what about going to best buy and opening up a account, since the Veer there is free too anyway?
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    OP, do you want me to change the title of your thread to more accurately reflect your issue? The current title carries negative connotations towards the Veer itself.
    Yes, please do. I do not wish to paint the Veer in a negative light.

Update : I have contacted the corporate office and am being assigned a case worker to escalate this further. I know this seems silly, but it's the principle of it.. I resent being treated like a deadbeat when I am clearly not and never have been. Sorry for venting.. I know it's not anyone here's problem LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by j_benj View Post
    Yes, please do. I do not wish to paint the Veer in a negative light.

Update : I have contacted the corporate office and am being assigned a case worker to escalate this further. I know this seems silly, but it's the principle of it.. I resent being treated like a deadbeat when I am clearly not and never have been. Sorry for venting.. I know it's not anyone here's problem LOL
    Cool, just let me know what you want the new title to be and I'll change it.
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    You could just take off the "No Veer for me!" part and leave the "AT&T wants a $500 deposit?!?" part if that will work?
    Done!
    just to give the OP more ammunition, the OP should try to order one from the carrier website, and from best buy. I bet that both will allow the order without a deposit.

why the aversion to trying that. you can always cancel before the final step after you have printed the screen. Then shove it into the caseworker's file...
    Thread moved. Not a Veer topic.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Update :

I've given up. There's a bit more to the story I could type out, but I will leave it at this : AT&T has had the nerve to call me back and flat-out lie to me about the reasons for the deposit requirement. Any company who would treat me (or anyone with a good credit history) this way doesn't deserve my business, so I will not be pursuing an AT&T account or an HP Veer any further.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    just to give the OP more ammunition, the OP should try to order one from the carrier website, and from best buy. I bet that both will allow the order without a deposit.

why the aversion to trying that. you can always cancel before the final step after you have printed the screen. Then shove it into the caseworker's file...
    They all run credit through AT&T. If you have a deposit required one place, it'll be required another. Escalating it may work.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
    Update :

I've given up. There's a bit more to the story I could type out, but I will leave it at this : AT&T has had the nerve to call me back and flat-out lie to me about the reasons for the deposit requirement. Any company who would treat me (or anyone with a good credit history) this way doesn't deserve my business, so I will not be pursuing an AT&T account or an HP Veer any further.
    Damn. What about trying Verizon for a Pre 2?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    PSN: StuntmanMark
    Twitter: @StuntmanMark

The Name: http://is.gd/nxnbhK
  13. H
    Credit ratings are a number made up by the credit reference agencies to give you an indication of how risky a lender may consider you. At least in the UK, no lender goes by the actual credit score (and I am sure it is the same in the US!).
    Here is a guide (obviously heavily UK orientated): w w w.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/credit-rating-credit-score (I can't properly post links yet)

Have you viewed your full credit rating to see why you might have been declined? Perhaps a missing payment that you don't know about or that has been incorrectly registered against you?

Perhaps you already have a high amount of borrowing compared to your salary?!
    Global Posts
    465 Global Posts
    Damn. What about trying Verizon for a Pre 2?
    Verizon approved me for 5 lines with zero deposit this past Tuesday night without so much as a second glance. I should have my Pre2 in my hands this afternoon

Have you viewed your full credit rating to see why you might have been declined? Perhaps a missing payment that you don't know about or that has been incorrectly registered against you?

Perhaps you already have a high amount of borrowing compared to your salary?!
    Yup, I have my full Equifax credit report (all 28 pages of it) printed out in front of me. I've gone over it with a fine-toothed comb and there is nothing negative on there. I even went so far as to call Equifax and walk through the report with them, after which even they couldn't understand why AT&T would be charging me a $500 deposit.

My monthly installment payments including rent, utilities, cable/internet, car payments and credit card come out to less than 50% of my monthly income. I carry a zero balance on the one credit card I have/use as well. I am a bulldog when it comes to my credit. Everything is paid on time and in full, no exceptions. Just the way I was raised.

As I said several times, AT&T has NO reason whatsoever under any preponderance of my credit to require a $500 deposit from me. Zero. My score is 753 according to Equifax (the bureau that AT&T uses) which is MORE than high enough for a single line with no deposit. I have friends who have lower scores and have iPhones on AT&T with no deposits necessary.
    I have absolutely pristine credit (high 700s).. just bought a car a month ago with zero issues. Went in to buy my Veer today and AT&T told me they want $500 up front deposit to open up an account. I was offended beyond belief... absolutely outrageous. I have never in all my years of having cell phones been asked to put down a deposit.. like I'm some kind of deadbeat.

So, my hopes of owning a Veer have been dashed. I will miss you, webOS *sniffle*
    Don't feel too bad I'm also furious with AT&T . I have been a good customer for a year paying always on time directly out of my bank account. My credit is also in the 700's. Last week I added a line for my daughter they request $300 deposit for the additional line [/COLOR] Then I was told not to worry because they return the funds after a year . you AT&T!!! Deposits from good scoring customers are just a scam for them to receive revenue to expand their company with out having to borrow from banks.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12