Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The android phone Infuse 4g is coming out may 15 to at&t lol so much for having a major launch.

Anyone want to take bets on which platform they'll be focusing on during launch day? lmao.so dumb.
    Since the Infuse 4g has a 4.5" screen, I don't think it has the same target audience as the Veer... Veer is the "smallest" smart phone while Infuse is one of, if not the largest.
    It's not really up to ATT to push it so much as it is HP's responsibility to advertise it...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

4.    #4  
    doesn't matter, the point is, having two such phones launch on the same day is just bad business. I am not optimistic at all about the launch, do you really feel that att employees are going to be pushing a veer over an infuse 4g if someone comes in on that day to see whats up? i doubt it.
    I don't understand this target audience. Veer and Infuse both pay same month data plan. Who is going to buy this phone? is it because Veer is $100 cheaper? yet they don't have problem paying $25 for data plan monthly for next 2 years? it can't be price. Teen? Hmmm, I remember sidekick was great hit among teen, they are not exactly small. Female? Hmmm, maybe but unlike male, they have purse or bag, I actually know several female who own EVO and they didn't mind of having bigger screen because they said they have a bag to put it in.

I really don't know which target audience HP is aiming at. I wonder if they even do the survey before they designed this phone.
    10 Days to go and I haven't seen a commercial.
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Those two phones are so completely different from each other that no one is going to buy one over the other because of what a sales rep says. If someone doesn't want a gigantic phone they can't get talked into the Infuse. If someone wants a big screen they're not going to want a Veer. I doubt there are too many shoppers who go in just thinking "I want a smart phone" and don't care whether their phone is 2.6" or 4.5". That's too huge of a difference.
    Well, the way I see it, we are talking about the biggest screen (4.5" diagnal) sans keyboard versus the smallest screen (2.6" diagnal), with a keyboard.

Sort of makes AT&T look like they have phones for everyone, I'd think.

"The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

I don't know why everybody assumes the Veer is targeted to teens. I can think of a dozen reasons the compact size is a plus, especially when matched with a TouchPad.
    that's like saying that introducing a new HP tower PC at bestbuy will be buried by the fact that they also launch a new cell phone. Different audience.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 05/05/2011 at 04:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    that's like saying that introducing a new HP tower at bestbuy will be buried by the fact that they also launch a new cell phone. Different audience.
    I had a toilet paper vs. tin foil metaphor all ready and everything...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

Sorry but I'd never get a phone withe 4.5in screen and I'm a tech junkie/engineer. Those two phones have entirely two different audiences. As someone else posted, it's HP's responsibility to advertise for it, not AT&T's.

AT&T is home of the iphone. Neither of those phones fit that bill. AT&T just seems to continue to have the highest cost plans but with the most phone choices. Sprint is Android full on and I've got no idea what VZ is doing but it's obvious they're no friend to WebOS.

Price point is $99 which is a good start. I'd be more concerned if the Infuse 4G was also priced at $99.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    (Veer) Price point is $99 which is a good start. I'd be more concerned if the Infuse 4G was also priced at $99.
    Infuse 4G = $200

Samsung's Infuse 4G coming to AT&T May 15th for $200 -- Engadget
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  14.    #14  
    i'm glad everyone is so optimistic, but idk after reading this i really dont have a good feeling about the launch. I just cannot believe that after they delayed the launch they settled are ok with launching a phone on the same day as an android phone on the same carrier. it just makes no sense to me. oh well i honestly hope your all right
    So, you don't have a computer, and need your phone to give you a cinematic experience? At the cost of carrying around a brick? That can't manage notifications or multi-tasking?

Why are you posting to PreCentral?

Okay that's it. I'm going to troll Android and iThing forums. This is just getting stupid.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post
    So, you don't have a computer, and need your phone to give you a cinematic experience? At the cost of carrying around a brick? That can't manage notifications or multi-tasking?

Okay that's it. I'm going to troll Android and iThing forums. This is just getting stupid.

LOL wut?

i think sir your trolling up the wrong tree lol i'm not exactly even sure what your saying lol but i love my pre2 and will most def. be upgrading to the veer next week i indeed have misgivings about a shared launch date with an android phone :/ i've had enough att reps try to make me switch to android and i can only imagine how hard they will push that vs how they normally disregard webOS.

but anyway if you want to go troll the android and crapply product forums feel free! lol or go help me convince the people at engadget webOS isn't awful lol
    Quote Originally Posted by blinktreo View Post

Or maybe some people prefer a large screen phone that decently handles multitasking and has the best notification system currently available?

I think he was just concerned that AT&T won't be able to fully focus on the Veer on launch day. No need to get all hostile...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post

I think he was just concerned that AT&T won't be able to fully focus on the Veer on launch day. No need to get all hostile...
    that is indeed exactly my concern and yeah no idea y he's so hostile about it.

ps. i'm a She :P
    If I had ATT I'd get it. And also if I had ATT I could switch phones by swapping a sim!

Who wants to pay for full data on a 2.6" screen? If only HP could get them to lower the data plan price because people wont use it as much :/ (Apple prob could have)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    If I had ATT I'd get it. And also if I had ATT I could switch phones by swapping a sim!

Who wants to pay for full data on a 2.6" screen? If only HP could get them to lower the data plan price because people wont use it as much :/ (Apple prob could have)
    Thats actually my plan, get the veer and just swap the sim in and out of my pre2 and the veer.

concerts and parties=veer

when i'm on campus and need to big screen and battery for heavy use= pre2

Who knows tho the veer might surprise me and if the battery is decent might become my everyday phone. I really wish they'd had the bezel on it white to match the white exterior :/
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast