Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Version 0.2 of KBTracker is now available at http://treo.pdaapps.com.

This version will run on Handspring Treo 180, 180g, 270 (with GPRS capability) or the Treo 300 Communicator that has Sprint PCS Vision capability.
    Thank you PDAApps!

I've installed this version and it seems to work good but it is only tracking data with Blazer and TreoMail. I tried it with AOL, Vindigo and Avantgo and it does not seem to support these programs. Is this correct?
    I also set my data to alert me at the 15% mark for 1024kb and right now it's at:
    sent: 53.15kb
    Rcvd: 120.81kb
    and I got a "high data usage" alert prompt, letting me know that I was within 15% of my specified limit of 1024 KB.

That total is 173.96kb with 850.04kb to go....

Any help would be appreciated,

Greg
    Forgot to mention that I'm using a 270.

Thanks,
    Greg
    This version will run on Handspring Treo 180, 180g, 270 (with GPRS capability) or the Treo 300 Communicator that has Sprint PCS Vision capability. [/B]

Hello,

it works on my 180g with Blazer, but not with iambicMail.

Ciao,
    Joachim
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by Soko

Hello,

it works on my 180g with Blazer, but not with iambicMail.

Ciao,
    Joachim
    v0.22 now available at http://treo.pdaapps.com fixes these issues.

PDAapps
    Originally posted by PDAapps

v0.22 now available at http://treo.pdaapps.com fixes these issues.

PDAapps
    Yes, it does! :-))

Thank You,
    Joachim
    Doesn't work with ICQ - detects only initial connection setup data traffic, but later actual chatting on ICQ doesn't increase data usage numbers.

Regards
    Boris.
    It doesn't track any data usage from Basejet.
    Rob
    Has anyone tried it yet? What about Eudora?

Thanks

Boy, this is a must have!!! It will more than pay for itself f you happen to go over your limit!

You can go through your MB's very quickly!

I like the 85% alarm feature. I hope it works because I am ot up to 85% of my plan yet!

With the current plans on T-Mobile it can be very expensive to GPRS if you don't watch this!
    It works on my 270.

Picks up information on SnapperMail, Blazer, Avantgo and Web Clippings.

Excellent stuff.

Just a little suggestion. Is it possible to have a cost calculator. ie. each KB costs me 3.3 cents during the day, and 2.2 at night and weekends.

Also, there is the additional cost of 22cents per connection.

Another nice feature would be to have a Popup when a GPRS connection is made or closed, that gives just the KB totals.

Thanks Mate.

PS. is there another way to pay besides ebay? Is the program on Handango?
    can irc (upirc) data be tracked with kbtracker? just want to know in advance in case someone has already tried it. i'll probably give it a go soon myself.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    The reset caused by KBTracker, re-installed the cingular logo that I deleted. And, I'm no longer getting a GPRS indication (but I'm not certain that they're related). I'm using TC Ringer and Datebk5 on a 180 (Datebk5 also seems to have reset to the default alarm sounds).

Any ideas?
    --Pruitt

IBM Workpad-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Platinum-->Treo 180-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Centro
    Now that I think about it, I think it caused my Cingular icon to reappear as well (which I had deleted weeks ago, so I could access the original "non-cingularized" Blazer).

What's up with that? So does KBTracker recreate the Cingular icon?

???????
    Originally posted by tcc
    Now that I think about it, I think it caused my Cingular icon to reappear as well (which I had deleted weeks ago, so I could access the original "non-cingularized" Blazer).

What's up with that? So does KBTracker recreate the Cingular icon?

???????
    I noticed something interesting and maybe it's just a coincidence. I installed the gprs patch on Oct 2 flawlessly and added the "wireless internet express" service to my account the same day.
    If I go to "manage your account" @ Cingular web page Not on my treo), I can view my minutes used (almost in real time) but I can also check my unbilled data. For over an entire week of playing with gprs, uploading and downloading, it never showed any unbilled data when I would check my account.
    On the evening of October 10 KBTracker was released and I installed it that night and started gprs'ing to see how well it worked. Now from that evening thru now, if I log onto my account and view my "unbilled data", every kb that was transfered from the evening of the 10th is listed!!!!

Coincidence or is there a relationship with PDAAPPs and Cingular data tracking???

Curious minds wanna know?

Greg
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    I can't find the "unbilled data" option on the cingular site--perhaps it's not yet offered in my area.

But, now with every soft reset, the Cingular icon reinstalls even though I have deleted KBTracker.
    --Pruitt

IBM Workpad-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Platinum-->Treo 180-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Centro
    Originally posted by pruitt
    I can't find the "unbilled data" option on the cingular site--perhaps it's not yet offered in my area.

But, now with every soft reset, the Cingular icon reinstalls even though I have deleted KBTracker.
    When you enter your user name and password at the log in screen, you check "view minutes used". After the system logs you in and displays your "minutes used", at the top of the screen is a set of options and about 3/4 of the way down one of them says "unbilled data", click there and at the next screen select gprs from the drop down menu and voila!
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Cingular in the south east (once you enter your zip code at the initial screen) must not have the gprs billing online yet. I don't have any options after I get to the "view minutes used" screen. Oh, well. Maybe that means they're not yet set up to track it!
    --Pruitt

Originally posted by pruitt
    Cingular in the south east (once you enter your zip code at the initial screen) must not have the gprs billing online yet. I don't have any options after I get to the "view minutes used" screen. Oh, well. Maybe that means they're not yet set up to track it!
    I agree. Now that I have KBTracker, I'm pretty sure I went over my 1MB last month, but i didn't encur one single charge nor did my bill show my GPRS usage.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    You don't use the following link to login to your account:

https://myaccount.cingular.com/login_1.jsp

Greg
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast