1.    #1  
    It will be at least a year before any merger is final between T-Mobile and AT&T. T-Mobile has some very nice rates and options for service without a contract. I'm wondering what the odds are of T-Mobile getting the Pre 3?
    PDA History:

Palm Zire 71 > Palm T5 > Palm TX > iPhone > iPhone 3GS > HTC EVO 3D > Pre 3

Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by BradE View Post
    It will be at least a year before any merger is final between T-Mobile and AT&T. T-Mobile has some very nice rates and options for service without a contract. I'm wondering what the odds are of T-Mobile getting the Pre 3?

I wish, but I think their different 3G bands makes it a long shot. HP would have to be willing to make another phone with different bands and internals (?) and I don't know if they see a big enough market to justify it.

On a side note, I'm using my unlocked Pre 2 on T-Mobile and find their EDGE speeds to be as snappy as my Sprint EVDO was.
    Im willing to bet that HP wants any and all business they can get, including potential T-Mobile customers - there are 40 million of them.

The real question is: is T-Mobile interested?

As a long time T-Mobile customer, I sure hope so!!!

(I also have an unlocked Pre+ on T-Mobile.. edge is ok, but wifi is where its at!)
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

random but: if you go on palms support site, and select chat, then select pre 2, t-mobile is a choice when it asks you for what network your on,

so i says totes a chance!
    [insert witty signature about how battery pulls solve everything..]

Twitter
    Recent tmo news: T-Mobile flips on 42Mbps HSPA+ across 55 markets, launching Rocket 3.0 modem stick tomorrow -- Engadget. I'm liking tmo more and more. I am willing to make the switch from sprint in a heartbeat. Sprints 3g speeds are nothing to be amazed at, especially since it's cdma and can't do simultaneous voice and data. Even with the shift to voip hspa+ is more than adequate. Besides, to get high speeds you need their wimax solution which eats up the battery faster along with lte. HSPA+ is widely used throughout the world also. So far only US seems to be pushing hard for lte.
    Since the 2 carriers are using different 3g bands, the likelyhood of HP putting down resources for TMobile GSM over ATT GSM is extremely remote. Prolly in 7 months the unbranded one could be used, pending on band selections then.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    I'd say the only way it happens is if the merger falls through and the promised settlement for that happening includes use of a standard band instead of that 1700 band.
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    Since the 2 carriers are using different 3g bands, the likelyhood of HP putting down resources for TMobile GSM over ATT GSM is extremely remote. Prolly in 7 months the unbranded one could be used, pending on band selections then.
    Doesn't tmo have the same band as our european brothers? Last I heard pre 3 will be available for tmo germany.
    Quote Originally Posted by champiful View Post
    Doesn't tmo have the same band as our european brothers? Last I heard pre 3 will be available for tmo germany.
    No. Tmo uses a 1700MHz band, I believe it ends up being 1700/2100 for 3G. 2100 is used else where, I think most in Brazil but 1700 is only used by Tmo USA.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    No, t-mobile's 3g band is 1700 AWS, from the wikipedia page, it is only used by:
    USA (T-Mobile, Cincinnati Bell Wireless), Canada (WIND Mobile, Mobilicity, Videotron), Chile (VTR, Nextel)
    The Pre 3 will use HSDPA 900/2100 3G bands..

T-Mobile uses HSDPA 1700/2100 3G bands..

We'll see what T-Mobile does from here; one can hope, futile as it may prove to be!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Global Posts
    480 Global Posts
    Am I correct that TMo has never carried Palm ? I would love to switch to TMo with the Pre3.
    T-Mobile carried several of the Palm Treo lines, but had a falling out with Palm and slowly deleted the devices from their newtork.

When the Pre came out, T-Mobile wasn't interested and never got on board, either.

At this point, it's not looking good for T-Mobile WebOS users who want 3g/4G speeds on their WebOS devices - but, there's always wifi!

Best I can tell you is to complain to your ToMObile customer service rep.