Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I am having no success with Blazer since upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1. I get about 1 in 3 pages, and the reset causes a freeze resulting in me having to do a soft reset. I have tried using pocketdev proxy server as well as no proxy, and it makes no difference.

I suspect that this is specific to AT&T. I am curious if other AT&T subscribers are having any luck with Blazer, and what if any settings are you using. I am currently leaving user name and APN etc. Blank.

Any other browsers working.
    Originally posted by mervynle
    I am having no success with Blazer since upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1. .
    I have same problem with Blazer 2. In fact it started to hang after I've switched
    to AT&T and it was working OK before on cingular.
    looks like there is a definite problem here. I have a Treo 180, and have the v1.1 update and when I start blazer, it hangs within 1 minute and I need to do a soft reset? Have you also been having trouble with a Treo 180 -- looks like the gprs update has an updated blazer for Treo 180. So, is this problem just limited to 180s.
    Originally posted by pete123
    Have you also been having trouble with a Treo 180 -- looks like the gprs update has an updated blazer for Treo 180. So, is this problem just limited to 180s.
    I have Treo 270.
    Originally posted by mervynle
    I am having no success with Blazer since upgrading from 1.0 to 1.1. I get about 1 in 3 pages, and the reset causes a freeze resulting in me having to do a soft reset. I have tried using pocketdev proxy server as well as no proxy, and it makes no difference.

I suspect that this is specific to AT&T. I am curious if other AT&T subscribers are having any luck with Blazer, and what if any settings are you using. I am currently leaving user name and APN etc. Blank.

Any other browsers working.
    I think I may have found the problem...

GPRS 1.1 includes Blazer version 2.1.3 Build 12
    GPRS 1.0 includes Blazer version 2.1.1

If we could somehow install the old version of Blazer on our GPRS 1.1 Treos we should be fine. Anybody have an idea how we can do this since the browser is built into the ROM?
    I am an AT&T customer with GPRS services. Upgraded my Treo 270 with the GPRS 1.1 update. I noticed that Blazer hangs up 2 out of 3 times during the receive of a web page. Have to do a reset to get it back. Anyone been able to get around this?
    -jag
    Originally posted by aschobel

If we could somehow install the old version of Blazer on our GPRS 1.1 Treos we should be fine. Anybody have an idea how we can do this since the browser is built into the ROM?
    It is not in the ROM, you can delete it and install new one. I have not
    tried that, please let us know if it works if you will try it.

Vadim
    Well, it is not specific to v1.1. I upgraded another Treo to version 1.0, and blazer hangs with it as well. Looks like an issue with AT&T GPRS and blazer -- not with the v1.1 upgrade and blazer.
  9.    #9  

I think I may have found the problem...

GPRS 1.1 includes Blazer version 2.1.3 Build 12
    GPRS 1.0 includes Blazer version 2.1.1

I tried to do that after noticing the same thing the other day, but to no avail. It definitely appears that AT&T have changed something on their side that is affecting compatability. I don't have the patience to hear their CSR's give me the "we don't support" story, but if anybody does find out anything let me know.
  10.    #10  
    I have also tried using Eudora browser as an alternative and am having even less success than Blazer, so it looks like it is definitely and AT&T GPRS thing.
    Well, it is not specific to v1.1. I upgraded another Treo to version 1.0, and blazer hangs with it as well. Looks like an issue with AT&T GPRS and blazer -- not with the v1.1 upgrade and blazer.
    does it hang all the time? When I first upgraded to 1.0 it hung for the first few minutes, and then it worked fine.

does it hang all the time? When I first upgraded to 1.0 it hung for the first few minutes, and then it worked fine.
    everytime. actually both with v1.0 and v1.1, the Treo actually does come back after about 2-3 minutes. But that time is way past my patience span, and invariably I just do a soft reset by then.

I bet there is an APN that we need to put in or something, as the pocketpc that the AT&T guys have seems to work.

everytime. actually both with v1.0 and v1.1, the Treo actually does come back after about 2-3 minutes. But that time is way past my patience span, and invariably I just do a soft reset by then.

I bet there is an APN that we need to put in or something, as the pocketpc that the AT&T guys have seems to work.
    When I called customer service a while back they told me the APN should be "proxy" (without quotes), username and password are blank. Maybe that will fix it.

When I called customer service a while back they told me the APN should be "proxy" (without quotes), username and password are blank. Maybe that will fix it.

Have already tried "proxy" without the quotes, still hangs.
    The issue doesn't appear to be with the GPRS settings (APN, username, password), but the proxy settings. I've gotten EudoraWeb to work using a public proxy:
    Port 3128

Hope this works for some of you.
    Originally posted by yucko
    The issue doesn't appear to be with the GPRS settings (APN, username, password), but the proxy settings. I've gotten EudoraWeb to work using a public proxy:
    Port 3128

Hope this works for some of you.
    Interesting that you got it to work that way.. Does AT&T have a proxy server? I feel uncomfortable using an outside proxy server.
    Thanks Yucko. I changed the proxy settings in Blazer and it seems to be happy now.

I read on one of the forums (http://www.wirelessadvisor.com/wafor...&threadid=4024), that the browser settings should be:

Browser settings:
    IP: 10.250.250.250
    Port 9203
    home page: http://home

It didn't work for me, but might work for some of you.
    Thanks Yucko. I changed the proxy settings in Blazer and it seems to be happy now.

I read on one of the forums (http://www.wirelessadvisor.com/wafor...&threadid=4024), that the browser settings should be:

Browser settings:
    IP: 10.250.250.250
    Port 9203
    home page: http://home

It didn't work for me, but might work for some of you.
    It didn't work for me.

I wish somebody at AT&T would tell us what they are doing.
  19.    #19  
    I have tried both of the above, as well as pocketdev proxy, and no go. I also tried calling AT&T and got the usual run around. I guess we are sunk for now.
    i am not using at+t, but i do have exactly the same problem with my mobile-provider A1 in austria. i can connect, but my treo 180 hangs up while "receiving" the page with blazer.

i am pretty sure, that it has nothing to do with proxy settings (i tried them all) or with blazer itself (other browsers dontīt work either). i think itīs about the gprs settings of the provider, because my treo works pefect with any other carrier in austria...

i donīt have a solution yet, but maybe this helps narrowing the problem...

greetings
    markus
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast