1.    #1  
    Hi All,

I have done many searches on both VisorCentral and TreoCentral - I must be blind, but I can't find the GPRS Settings to use on T-Mobile with the Visor/Treo90 and a GPRS Enabled Phone.

Right now, I can connect via CSD on my Visor Edge and Nokia 6590. However, I just enabled GPRS on my account and I'd like to play around with that for a bit.

Can anyone help me out? I searched the Handspring webpage and only got as far as setting up the "connection" within the preferences. However, I don't know what to put in the "Network" section, and I don't know how to enable to GPRS on my phone; when "dialing" out from the PDA.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    Bump
  3.    #3  
    anyone?
    Well, since no one's replying, I can wildly guess for you! internet2.voicestream.com should be the APN and the rest of it is blank. No username, no password. This might work.
    Where do you input the APN? I've been having a hell of a time getting connected to GPRS on my 180. Had it running with 1.0 and then 1.1. All of a sudden I can't connect. I see the appropriate signal strength indicator. When I connect, it goes and fails to sign in. Really strange and also amazing how you get dependent on the service.
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Well, since no one's replying, I can wildly guess for you! internet2.voicestream.com should be the APN and the rest of it is blank. No username, no password. This might work.
    KRamsauer , appreciate the reply. What where exactly do I put the APN? Thanks.
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse

KRamsauer , appreciate the reply. What where exactly do I put the APN? Thanks.
    I have no idea as I don't have a Treo 90. Actually, it is probably a function of the phone, not the Treo, as the Treo is just going to be asking for data from the phone, not really communicating with the network. That's what I figure, at least.
  8.    #8  
    thanks for trying... anyone else have any suggestions?
    I struggled with this as well, but through much trial and error, and a little help from this board, I was able to successfully get a Treo 90 with a Palm Bluetooth card to use my Sony Ericsson T68i for GPS functionality. Here is how to do it with TMobile:

On the phone, you must go into:
    Connect
    Data Comm
    Data Accounts
    AWS Data (or whatever your main data account is called)
    Edit (also note the CID=number.....you will need it later)
    APN
    and enter the following: internet2.voicestream.com
    NO user ID
    NO password
    NO IP address

that will successfully set-up the phone side of the equation....now for the Treo side:

You must first pair the phone and the Treo as "trusted pairs" for bluetooth

Then go into Prefs and do the following:
    CONNECTION - create a new connection with the following paramaters:
    Name: whatever you want to call it (ie GPRS)
    Connect to: Modem
    Via: Bluetooth
    Device: Click here to discover your phone
    Dialing: Touch Tone
    Volume: Low

NETWORK -
    Service: Call it whatever you want (I called mine T-Mobile)
    Username: blank
    password: prompt
    connection: use the connection you created above
    phone #: *99***1# (the number before the # is equal to the CID number you wrote down from your phone earlier)

These settings should enable you to use your phone as a GPRS modem for the Treo 90. I hope this helps.

By the way, you can do the same thing on AT&T by leaving out the APN entry.
  10.    #10  
    handtechs,

Thanks for the reply and welcome to Treo/Visor Central! Nice first post!

However, I am not utilizing Bluetooth as my connection method. I am using IrDA Infrared. Do you know the method for this?

Thanks
    To connect via IR it would be the same, only you need to do two things differently as follows:

Turn "on" the IR port on the phone. Go to CONNECT, INFRARED PORT, ON

Then on the Treo, do the following:

Then go into Prefs and do the following:
    CONNECTION - create a new connection with the following paramaters:
    Name: whatever you want to call it (ie GPRS)
    Connect to: Modem
    Via: Infrared
    Device: Click here to discover your phone
    Dialing: Touch Tone
    Volume: Low

Enjoy!
    By the way, you must have T-Mobile Internet plan enabled, NOT just T-Zones! (thanks Jason Moody for that one)

T-Zones will allow you to "connect", but not actually send or receive any info via GPRS with a PDA (not sure what there logic is with this).

Also, I am curious if any one else experiences the following after utilizing the Treo 90/GPRS phone combination........It is impossible for me to use Blazer! Blazer will open fine if I am not connected, cannot connect itself, and if I get a connection manually first, and then launch blazer, I get a fatal errror!

Any advice or feedback is appreciated. I am using Eudora Web for now, but it is much less of a browser.
    Originally posted by handtechs
    Also, I am curious if any one else experiences the following after utilizing the Treo 90/GPRS phone combination........It is impossible for me to use Blazer! Blazer will open fine if I am not connected, cannot connect itself, and if I get a connection manually first, and then launch blazer, I get a fatal errror!

Any advice or feedback is appreciated. I am using Eudora Web for now, but it is much less of a browser. [/B]
    Yes, I'm having this exact problem. I'm going to try Eudora now. Anyone know what's up with Blazer?

//Chris