Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    Lol @ linking to the "print page" URL.
    Hi,

I always try to link to the print page mode if possible...for me, it is faster to read when not distracted by ads etc...

Take care, Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    AT&T messes up EVERYTHING!!

BlackBerry Bridge not available for PlayBook users on AT&T, unofficial workaround available -- Engadget

PlayBook is half ready and AT&T has made it even worse if you can believe that!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Bumpity bump... In case you haven't done so already, please consider going to the FCC's website and voicing your opinion about this proposed merger.

ECFS Express and search for filing 11-65
    "In the Matter of applications of AT&T Inc. and Deutsche Telekom AG for consent to assign or Transfer Control of licenses and Authorizations."

This buyout, if it were allowed to happen, has serious implications for us all. AT&T and Verizon are playing a duopoly game with rising prices and reduced service that's only going to get worse when they own the market.
    While we're on a bump, here's the latest T-Mo news:

Nearly half-a-million customers left T-Mobile in Q1 2011 -- Engadget

Nearly half-a-million customers left T-Mobile in Q1 2011

By Sean Buckley posted May 8th 2011 at 10:20AM

Not even promises of a new Sidekick can keep T-Mobile from hemorrhaging customers, it seems, as the company reported significant losses in its Q1 statement for 2011. According to reports, 471,000 contract customers either failed to re-up, or outright canceled their contracts. Stacked against a shortcoming growth of just 372,000 prepaid customers (including MVNO customers for sub-carriers), T-Mobile suffered a net loss of 99,000 users, a 29% increase in losses over the same period for the previous year. Ouch. The firm chalked its loss to increased "competitive pressures," which lends credence to AT&T's insistence that Sprint and Verizon are such fierce opponents that it has to acquire T-Mobile for the magenta-tinted carrier to stay in the game. You can judge the profits and pitfalls for yourself -- just hit the source link for the full financials.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

The answer to the problem is NOT to condense the industry and create theoretical monoplies, but, rather, to divest (break up) the 2 larger players into smaller companies, so that all of the carriers have national coverage with equal customer bases.

AT&T + T-Mobile = a complete monoploy for GSM mobile carriers in the US, and, since they will collectively own 70% + of the US mobile customers, will see no need to provide fair pricing to their customers for their mobile carrier services.

Break 'em all up.

Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    While we're on a bump, here's the latest T-Mo news:

Nearly half-a-million customers left T-Mobile in Q1 2011 -- Engadget

Nearly half-a-million customers left T-Mobile in Q1 2011

By Sean Buckley posted May 8th 2011 at 10:20AM

Not even promises of a new Sidekick can keep T-Mobile from hemorrhaging customers, it seems, as the company reported significant losses in its Q1 statement for 2011. According to reports, 471,000 contract customers either failed to re-up, or outright canceled their contracts. Stacked against a shortcoming growth of just 372,000 prepaid customers (including MVNO customers for sub-carriers), T-Mobile suffered a net loss of 99,000 users, a 29% increase in losses over the same period for the previous year. Ouch. The firm chalked its loss to increased "competitive pressures," which lends credence to AT&T's insistence that Sprint and Verizon are such fierce opponents that it has to acquire T-Mobile for the magenta-tinted carrier to stay in the game. You can judge the profits and pitfalls for yourself -- just hit the source link for the full financials.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Hi all,

Excuse me if I screw up some of the following facts, since I am not a Canadian nor do I live in Canada.

Apparently they had a similar situation in Canada, 2 very large cell phone providers and 2 small ones. One of the large firms bought up one of the small firms.

Prices for service shot up and choices within the plans shrank. To add insult to injury, now at least one of the larger providers is now offering 3 year plans on some smartphones in stead of 2 years. I am considering outright buying my phone at Best Buy so that I can trade it in after a year, (they have a deal with a guarantee buyout at a certain age) and get a new one, (I'm waiting for the Pre3 to be launched). Two years is old for a smartphone so three certainly is.

This is the fate I think awaits us all if this merger goes thru! Even if the FCC extracts all kinds of promises from AT& T after the merger, this can't be good for the consumer......

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    @ilovedessert, exactly! when AT&T and Cingular became one, similar things happened. when the Ma Bell companies had a monopoly in the 80s (i hear) similar things happened (i read). these companies have shown over and over again the tendency to serve no one but themselves at our collective expense. i'm always amazed how many people just don't care or just are willing to let these thing happen.

seriously, it's not that difficult. all you need to do is go to ECFS Express and search for filing 11-65 and voice your concerns.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567