Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Nah, its good for AT&T customers. They get all of tmobile's towers. Better coverage later once its all settled.
    T-mobile get the high prices !! ha ha ha ha
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    heres the good and bads that business insiders thinks will be if the merger is accepted in 12 months:

AT&T-Mobile: Here Are The Biggest Winners And Losers
    AT&T agrees to buy T-Mobile USA from Deutsche Telekom for $39 billion -- Engadget

I don't know what the implications are, but it's got to be big. I expect a Verizon/Sprint merger will be announced as a response. Thoughts?
    wow that sucks. as a former tmobile customer their service was the best i've ever had. AT&T, some of the worst. both customer service and phone service. And tmobile is cheap. hope they remains so.

either way, it probably is one more reason i'll probably head to verizon.
    they also state that if this merger is approved within the 12 month period it will take, that Verizon will try to offer sprint a merger opportunity.
    I guess it's easier to buy than to build.
    Not good for sprint.
    it looks as if there will be a lot less competition in the US if this deal goes through. Less competition almost always means prices will go up.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    it looks as if there will be a lot less competition in the US if this deal goes through. Less competition almost always means prices will go up.
    thats probably part of the benefits that ATT is looking for . keep the high prices in place and stop people from switching to the cheap rates . plus the added air waves . lots of pluses for ATT not so much for you T-mobile users .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    <<merged>>
    Just call me Berd.
    Hi all,

This leaves Sprint as Odd Man out, since Sprint is much smaller than V or the soon to be much larger AT & T/T-mobile. However, this will be scrutinized heavily in D.C. since:
    1. T-mobile is part of a foreign company
    2. Eventually Sprint will have to merge or it will no longer survive, (as it will be so much smaller than it's next closet competitor) and that will only leave two major cell cariers...which will get as back to almost where we started in lack of competition since Judge Greene divested the old At & T/Bell System in what now seems a million years ago!

Take care,

jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I believe them to be German and website is German for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxspec06 View Post
    I feel bad for T-Mobile users.
    but they are already missing out on the WebOS party. Perhaps this brings them closer
    Edit: Shadavis08 makes a good point.

Verizon is known, by most people I talk to, as the best coverage carrier.
    Maybe At&t will start to get a better reputation.
    I know for me, where I live, I switched from Verizon to At&t because Verizon just happened to be worse for reception in my area.
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/20/2011 at 03:40 PM.
    Just call me Berd.
    it will end up being ATT verses The V and we will all lose !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    it will end up being ATT verses The V and we will all lose !
    Amen!
    Just call me Berd.
    NOW im bummed !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Quote Originally Posted by Different Drummer View Post
    How does the fact that there is minor difference in frequency assignment come into play.
    If I have a NA handset for AT&T it would not work 100% on the T-mobile frequencies. So, I would not gain any data coverage. Right? Also works in reverse if I am now an T-Mobile subscriber. Right? Educate me if I am missing something.
    The networks will be merged. This merger will result in more spectrum for the merged company and its customers. Imagine a world where a world phone is actually a world phone. Say goodbye to different Dual-Band UTMS handsets for use in one region or another. Quad-Band UTMS = one size fits all ....

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and dont necessarily represent AT&Ts positions, strategies or opinions.
    so if this is approved I really think Verizon will make a big push to aquire Sprint, which unfortnaly for sprint would be a very good move.
    I had to edit my post above after reading Shadavis08's.
    This could drastically hurt us; when the fewer carriers result in less and less restraint from raising rates.
    Just call me Berd.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast