1.    #1  
    When I try to connect to Wireless Internet Express, I get the Signing on message and then this error:

"The GPRS connection has failed or GPRS has not been enabled on your account... (40CE)"

and then

"Error: Connection timed out... (0x1231)"

I called Cingular this morning to add the Express service. She said to give it 10 minutes. It's been over an hour. I did get a Have a Nice Day SMS right after I hung up with her. So I was assuming that was the update. I did get a new Cingular icon on my Applications screen... so something happened.

I do NOT have a little triangle in my connection strength bars which I understand I'm supposed to get.

Did I do something wrong?

During the install of the update it prompted me for my ARN, I used my mywirelesswindow.com username/password. Maybe that was wrong?

In Prefs/Network it says settings are LOCKED and I can't change them.

Help.. Thanks!
    Read through the following thread.. They probably didn't give you the right wireless internet express feature. Make sure it is data connect for mobile phones and not the WAP version.
    You were right by entering your user name and password for my wireless windows.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=27599

Greg
  3.    #3  
    called them back. they confirmed I'm up on GPRS.

I'm really hating Cingular. I was only ever able to intermittently connect with the old system. Lots of 1231 errors. It was essentially useless. I was hoping this was going to be the fix. <sigh>
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    TRy this thread--this fixed it. The reps at Cingular aren't always fully up to speed on new systems.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=27726
    --Pruitt

IBM Workpad-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Platinum-->Treo 180-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Centro
    Originally posted by robertl1
    called them back. they confirmed I'm up on GPRS.

I'm really hating Cingular. I was only ever able to intermittently connect with the old system. Lots of 1231 errors. It was essentially useless. I was hoping this was going to be the fix. <sigh>
    I called them 3 times to confirm and got a "yes it's the GPRS service" and it still didn't work, so I called back a 4th time and explained my goal in the plainist of english that I could and the guy laughed when he looked @ my account and said yeah your right who ever helped you put the wrong service to your account!!!!

So with that that in mind I would double check and triple check with them until you get it to work cuz they are not the brightest!

Greg