1.    #1  
    previuos post

the following relates to the above link...

i successfully managed to install the GPRS upgrade by reverting back to an old system (on a seprate firewire disk running desktop 2.6.3) it appears the installer is incompatible with desktop 4 (handspring version)

i have contacted handspring on this issue by phone and e-mail and they weren't aware of the problem and said they'd get back to me...
    they did i got an e-mail saying the GPRS upgrade should be available within a few weeks (say what!!) talk about avoiding the issue...

now I'm not the sort of person to bad-mouth handspring about anything but i find it absolutely incredible that they release a major desktop upgrade (4) within a few weeks of the most important upgrade of the year (GPRS) and then forget to make the GPRS update compatible with the recently released desktop update, very very amateurish...

however having installed and the GPRS update and the Desktop 4 for mac update I am experiencing problems:

the desktop 4 doesn't sync properly and i need too run the Palm4 fix patch (from version tracker) everytime i sync, the results are erratic and sometimes it starts to re-install everything... then i have to quit restart, and try again

the GPRS upgrade seems ok I havent tried GPRS as yet because my provider is changing soon so i am going to wait, the further system improvements seem fine but i am having trouble with the sms application deleting a message or sent message gives me a fatal exception like this:

DataMgr.c,Line:5964,
    Invalid uniqueID passed

i then need to reset...it happens all the time i'm sure i read somewhere about others having this problem, any ideas?

it also happens when i have had the phone switched off and when i switch it back on and it says 'there is a message on your sim do you want to transfer it?' when i click yes, boom... fatal exception

the speaker phone improvement i like, and the contacts seem to work faster so not all bad.. but i need the sms to work, i am an sms junkie so this is a problem for me, anyone?

treo tip for future upgrade: in the ringer prefs you should be able to assign a second ring tone to the silent mode (not just vibrate) so you can switch beetween different sounds not just sound or no sound, this was possible on the old visor phone, strange that they removed it...
    I upgraded to the new desktop prior to the GPRS upgrade and there was no problem whatsoever. I would guess that your problem lies somewhere else.
  3.    #3  
    removing SIM card and restarting seemed to help the SIM book no longer crashes...

one down two to go...