1.    #1  
    When I connect to the Internet to check my mail or use blazer, I am connecting via GPRS and my wireless provider, but what am I coonecting to? is my wireless provider going direct to the internet, or am I still going through my ISP? Am I burning time on my ISP?

My ISP is down today, so I can't check and see if I am using minutes, but since my ISP is down and my Treo also cannot connect to the Interent, I am assuming that I am just using a faster way to get to my ISP.

If I change ISPs, where do I change the settings in order to do that?

Thanks for anyones help. I am in Jakarta, using IM3 and Uninet, under internetinstan.
    With GPRS your wireless carrier IS also your ISP. GPRS data is measured bvy the kb and MB not by the minute.

Originally posted by JDave
    When I connect to the Internet to check my mail or use blazer, I am connecting via GPRS and my wireless provider, but what am I coonecting to? is my wireless provider going direct to the internet, or am I still going through my ISP? Am I burning time on my ISP?

My ISP is down today, so I can't check and see if I am using minutes, but since my ISP is down and my Treo also cannot connect to the Interent, I am assuming that I am just using a faster way to get to my ISP.

If I change ISPs, where do I change the settings in order to do that?

Thanks for anyones help. I am in Jakarta, using IM3 and Uninet, under internetinstan.
    My life is in my Treo... Where is yours?
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I got it figured out adn your post confirms what I figured was true.

My email was a problem because my ISP was down. The other problems I had were due to the GPRS signal cutting in and out. It seems that a lot of Internet providers in Indonesia, or at least in Jakarta, were having a lot of troubles the last couple of days.

Thanks for the input. BTW, here in Jakarta the GPRS is free from IM3,which is very nice.