Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by MrMagooAZ
    Also, I'm not convinced its a downloaded thing. The ringtone switch happens to me immediately after reset, whether the radio is on or off at the time, and when a reset occurs, the radio is automatically turned off. I'm guessing it's in the software somewhere....
    Oh, good point! Me wrong.
    Has anybody noticed the file "CarrierRingTone" ? (use Filez)
    Might be the explenation.
    I don't see that file on my Treo 270.
    Originally posted by ErnstB
    Has anybody noticed the file "CarrierRingTone" ? (use Filez)
    Might be the explenation.
    I looked at "CarrierRingTone" using RsrcEdit, and yes this seems to be the place where T-Jinge comes from. However...its a ROM file and cannot be modified. Maybe a hack can fix this?

Michael
    With the official GPRS update from Handspring now, the T-Jingle no longer shows up.
  6.    #26  
    Originally posted by GregP74
    With the official GPRS update from Handspring now, the T-Jingle no longer shows up.
    so are you saying that if i do 1.1.1, and do a soft reset, whichever ring I chose before the reset will remain my ring? It won't reset to t-jingle every time?
    I wish! I got the official Handspring update and believe me, I'm stuck with the T-Mo jingle. I can't believe Handspring would stick us with this!
    Oops, I guess I spoke too soon. After installing the 1.1.1 update, I went to the ringer preference, and the T-Jingle wasn't even shown there. It defaulted to the regular Treo Ring Tone.

After a *hard* reset, it defaults to the Treo Ringtone too, and the T-Jinge doesnt show.

Now that I've done a soft reset, though, the T-Jingle shows up and is the default.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12