1.    #1  
    Is cellplan tracker tracking GPRS data transfers? I noticed after I installed the GPRS patch and connected to the GPRS network, cell plan tracker started to track the the data pipe transfers. Anyone else notice this?
    'Twas my only disappointment with the 1.0 GPRS upgrade: CellPlan Tracker doesn't quite track the calls perfectly anymore. The first half of my month, i had it track data as normal (because i was ISP dialing), but now that it's GPRS (at least till I use up my 1M), I don't want data 'minutes' counted against voice minutes... I'm hoping that a future (soon) update to cellplan tracker includes data transfer tracking to accomodate the GPRSers...

Geo
    The person who wrote the Cell Plan tracker was (if I recall correctly) in the Bay Area. This would mean that if they took the unofficial plunge they would have only had GPRS for a few days so far. Given time I'm sure they'll update it - after all, it will be critical to track MB usage just as it was to track time before.
    This is easy to fix. Look at the GPRS "data calls" that are generated by the data call hack in your call history and see what the phone number is. It's 991 for me (T-Mobile). Then add that number to the excluded numbers list in your plan details.
    Last edited by silverado; 10/03/2002 at 06:06 PM.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by silverado
    This is easy to fix. Look at the GPRS "data calls" that is generated by the data call hack in your call history and see what the phone number is. It's 991 for me (T-Mobile). Then add that number to the excluded numbers list in your plan details.
    It works, thanks silverado
    What data call hack are guys refering to?
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by millerhifi
    What data call hack are guys refering to?
    The data call hack for Xmaster(or what have you), to allow Cell Plan Tracker to track data minute usage. Without the hack, Cell Plan tracker wouldn't track time online via CSD
    GPRS data calls are not logged in my call history only the cell modem calls (CSD calls) are and some of the numbers are also "991" and others show "caller id blocked". I'm with cingular and also use cellplantracker.

"Then add that number to the excluded numbers list in your plan details."

when you say excluded numbers do you mean free numbers under special plan features in CellPlanTracker???

I'm confused...........
    I'm confused as well - we want to be able to track KB transferred through our GPRS connection - at least I do because I am billed based on the amount of KB transferred. It would be great if Cell Plan Tracker would be able to do that as well - it is a great program for keeping track of calls.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    Originally posted by dgreensp
    I'm confused as well - we want to be able to track KB transferred through our GPRS connection - at least I do because I am billed based on the amount of KB transferred. It would be great if Cell Plan Tracker would be able to do that as well - it is a great program for keeping track of calls.
    Yes, we all want that, but this wasn't the question of this thread.

The tracker counted GPRS connections as (very long) phone calls, which screws up plan minutes accounting. The method I outlined solves that problem.