Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Oh, well. I've been working on this for 2 days and have spent at least an hour and a half on hold with Cingular. Everything is supposed to be good on their end. I've tried the setup as directed on this website and the "Wireless Internet Express" setting that was pre-loaded into my machine during the upgraded.

I consistently get a message that my APN is configured incorrectly. Any help?

AND, my contrast setting bar has a glitch in it now. AND, the Cingular icon that replaces Blazer has some strange quirks--it makes the page think there's an extra icon (so there's a scroll bar), but there is no extra icon on my main screen.
    --Pruitt

IBM Workpad-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Platinum-->Treo 180-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Centro
    I was also getting the same APN error and the problem was difenitly on Cingulars end . They were adding the wrong wireless internet express feature to my service. Make sure they have wireless internet express data services for GPRS enabled phones....
    Once they corrected it I was running with no problems.

Greg
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    You're the man!!!

This is very cool.

Is anyone else having quirks with the Cingular logo or Contrast setting bar?
    --Pruitt

IBM Workpad-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Platinum-->Treo 180-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Centro
    Yep - I just had exactly the same issue.

I called Cingular and apparently they have to enable two separate services on their system - Wireless Internet Express and 'data line' or "data services" (which don't cost anything extra). When they enabled "data line" it just magically started working.

The 1.1 update is awesome - like your wife getting a boob job after 6 months of marriage... OK, maybe not exactly like that...

Paul