Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I restate
    Originally posted by MikeK
    I would really like to know how many "HS-has-totally-fogotten-about-that-useless-file" files there are floating around in there.
    Just had another instant of paranoia... Has anyone checked to see if the file exists without Backup Buddy installed? Meaning, could it be a BB file, not a GPRS?
    Originally posted by MikeK
    I restate

Just had another instant of paranoia... Has anyone checked to see if the file exists without Backup Buddy installed? Meaning, could it be a BB file, not a GPRS?
    Not likely to be a BB issue... The only change made to my Treo was upgrading to GPRS 1.1.1, and that is when this file started to appear. BB worked fine prior to the upgrade.

Michael
    Blue Nomad (makers of BB) are very sympathetic and have been trying to get help from Handspring on this. Apparently Handspring concedes that HSTrace is a Handspring file but insist it could not be installed by the official GPRS upgrader - only by the test version (of course, several of us have the problem and never used a test version).
    I received the following two emails from Handspring within about two minutes of each other. This is the second "We are still researching" email.

Thank you for contacting Handspring Technical Support. We understand that you wish to remove the file "HSTraceBackup3.pdb " from your Treo. This file is basically a file specifically for the GPRS function for your Treo. The reason why you are unable to delete it is that it is hard coded onto the ROM when you flashed the ROM during the upgrade. This file is also not backed up to your BackUp folder because there is no backup bit for this file, i.e. backup has not been enabled. We are currently researching the function of this file. I will email you back when I have more details.

If you are still experiencing the same problem or if you ever have any questions or issues in the future, please do not hesitate to email us again, quoting the case number 3564165. This will assist us in tracking your case history, and for further troubleshooting.

----------------------------

I just got some word from our research department and they tell me that the file is used for debugging purposes by Handspring. This is mainly for troubleshooting purposes on the Treo. I hope this answers your question about the "HSTraceBackup3.pdb" file.

---------------------------
    Using the faux HSTraceBackup3 to disable BB's backup is still working for me.
    Hello, Sorry for the additional posting on this topic but I was wondering if anyone has "new" information on the HSerror and if a solution from either backupbuddy or handspring has come out yet. I obviously still have this error message and I have just been ignoring up till now.
    Tried TreoBuddy's solution and it worked like a charm. Thanks!
    Ditto!!

BTW, I bought my Treo 180 just after Christmas and it came with GPRS already installed. So any nonsense about the problem resulting from using an unauthorized GPRS upgrade is hooey.
  7.    #47  
    I upgraded mine with the official GPRS 1.1 European Patch.
    My final solution is : I don't use anymore BackupBuddy.
    Best regards
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
    you can remove the HSTraceDatabase3.prc using the program called Jackflash without any problem.
    @lvin
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    How? I've disabled every resident program I have and it still tells me HSTrace....3 is in use and cannot be deleted.
    --Pruitt

IBM Workpad-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Platinum-->Treo 180-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Centro
    JackFlash does not even list it in my Treo 270!!??
    Originally posted by @lvin
    you can remove the HSTraceDatabase3.prc using the program called Jackflash without any problem.
    How does one delete it using JackFlash, specially considering the fact that it does not even show in Jack Flash?
    i use JackFlash 2.6b1, I had manage to delete it using this apps, HSTraceDatabase3 has only 1k size, created by HsT2 according to Jackflash. In fact I use the JackFlash & JackSprat to delete the unwanted built-in program of treo like Laguages & Citytime and use the freed memory for other program to be put in the Falsh memory of Treo.
    @lvin
    here is the screenshot of my treo with HSTracedatabase3 just before i delete this file again. Again? yes i have deleted this file before using jackflash, and never had any problem hotsyncing. But i wonder why it was here in my treo again, but still i never had anymore problem hotsyncing with backupbuddy again eventhough it was there. But still i have to delete this file again.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    @lvin
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    You get it to show up in the preferences--set it to show files not movable to flash. But, I still can't delete it.
    --Pruitt

IBM Workpad-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Platinum-->Treo 180-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Centro
    Hello HSTrace people... we have just fixed this issue in Backupbuddy.. We have a new DLL file for registered users to try out.. just contact me at Blue Nomad Support and let us know you need the file to fix the HSTrace issue..

We will send you a new BackupBuddy.dll file. You can replace the one in your bbng directory on the desktop computer and you should be all set..

Thanks,

Bobby Genest
    Blue Nomad Support
    Support@bluenomad dot com
    ;-)
  16.    #56  
    Good new,
    one more time external developpers have been faster than handspring support. This bug was so easy to reproduce, it should have been fixed by HandSpring in the 1.1.1 GPRS Patch. But they preferred to deny the issue.
    Bobby, as a registered user of BackupBuddy I send a mail request right now to blue nomad support and I'll come back soon with a feedback.
    TreoBuddy

This one is a winner!!!

Thanks Bobby!
    Would be nice if someone could post this DLL file on here for the rest to amke it simple.
    Can someone post the backupbuddy.dll so that I can remove the error message!
  20.    #60  
    Originally posted by chan_byron
    Can someone post the backupbuddy.dll so that I can remove the error message!
    If you are a registered user of BackupBuddy, just send a mail to bluenomad support, the BackupBuddy.dll they sent me definitely fix this issue.
    Blue Nomad have been fair and reactive to fix this issue, I want to be fair with them and NOT post the DLL in a public place for the benefit of non-registered user.

I'm not judging people using cracked or piracy software, but I consider that at least they cannot expect the same level of support as loyal customers.
    TreoBuddy
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast