1.    #1  
    When surfing the Web with blazer using GPRS, it seems that I don't receive phone calls (the calls go right to voice mali) and that my device shows no record of a missed call.

Anyone else try this yet?
  2.    #2  
    i should add that i'm using t-mobile.
    The standard of GPRS HS are using does not support simultaneous communications.

Try it:

Make a call
    While the call is in progress, switch to Blazer and try sufing.
    You should receive a message to "end your call".

I believe Treos are using Class B GPRS. ie. no simultaneous operation (that's class A)
    Last edited by nzmoko; 10/02/2002 at 05:50 AM.
    i thought the same was true, but yesterday I did receive a cal while "surfing". I mean if GPRS is connected ALL the time, then it must be that you can not receive a call while data is being transmitted over GPRS.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by BladeZ
    i thought the same was true, but yesterday I did receive a cal while "surfing". I mean if GPRS is connected ALL the time, then it must be that you can not receive a call while data is being transmitted over GPRS.
    that seems to be the case. you also can't get calls in the middle of a mail send/receive.
    You can receive calls while connected and sending data to the GPRS network. I just tried it to make sure. I'm on Cingular's Wireless Internet Express.

I clicked a link in blazer and then immediately dialed my phone. It started loading some of the page. Then it switched to the incoming call screen and started ringing. I hit ignore and it went back to blazer and completed downloading the page with no further input from me.
    Rob
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by rmcalister
    You can receive calls while connected and sending data to the GPRS network. I just tried it to make sure. I'm on Cingular's Wireless Internet Express.

I clicked a link in blazer and then immediately dialed my phone. It started loading some of the page. Then it switched to the incoming call screen and started ringing. I hit ignore and it went back to blazer and completed downloading the page with no further input from me.
    That's not the case on T-Mobile (at least for me). I did the same thing, and the phone didn't ring...
    The download seems to interrupt during a blazer session but not during a mail session.

al
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by alawiscious
    The download seems to interrupt during a blazer session but not during a mail session.

al
    what network? it definitely does NOT interrupt for me on t-mobile.
    Just a thought but could it have something to do with having call waiting or not?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    The Handspring GPRS FAQ explains it:

"Treo will manage your data and voice calls so that it appears to be handling them at the same time but they are not operating simultaneously. For example, if you are getting a web page and the phone rings the browser will simply pause while you are on the phone and immediately resume the page load after the call has ended. "
    "Treo will manage your data and voice calls so that it appears to be handling them at the same time but they are not operating simultaneously. For example, if you are getting a web page and the phone rings the browser will simply pause while you are on the phone and immediately resume the page load after the call has ended. "
    That is exactly what's happening on my Treo. I do have call waiting service enabled. And I'm with Cingular not T-Mobile. Not sure why it's not working for some people.
    Rob
  13.    #13  

That is exactly what's happening on my Treo. I do have call waiting service enabled. And I'm with Cingular not T-Mobile. Not sure why it's not working for some people.
    well - i played around for it a bit. it seems that it works sometimes but not other times. it appears that if blazer is "requesting" than the calls don't go through. If it's receving, than it does it has handspring's faq describes above.
    It seems to me I've been poking around with PQA apps a few times in the last couple weeks and gotten phone calls, but perhaps it wasnt actively sending or receiving at the time.

Yesterday, I know, I as in the middle of a transfer with Blazer, and a few seconds later got an SMS saying I had missed a phone call and had a voicemail.

(This is using TMobile) So apparently, its not coming thru

Fine but it's not simultaneous (that would be Class A GPRS, which this is not). Your surfing session will be interrupted and will return once the call is finished.

How about this: If you are on a call and your friend wants to know the train timetable to get from Geneva to Zurich. You will not be able to surf and find the information for them while still talking. You will have to end the call, surf and then call them back. It's probably Class B GPRS (it's a trick)

Try it. Make a call and then try and surf