Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    OK folks, here it is. The T-Mobile SideKick plan is available. I called and converted my account to this new plan. This was over an hour ago and my Treo with GPRS is still working. I have been reading a lot about how this is going to be "locked" somehow to sidekick devices only, but so far I have yet to see this. Also, unlimited GPRS is only for first year, then it's 15MB Max, I forget what the MB cost was. And the rep said it is only for T-Mobile, when you roam the cost is $4 a MB I think she said, can someone confirm?

The link to the new plan is here: http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/sidekick/

There is also talk of a new T-Zones Pro plan, but I can't find it on the web site.

Let's use this thread to monitor the progress of Unlimited GPRS on T-Mobile. I will post any new problems I encounter, if any.

Oh, and when the T-Mobile rep asks if you have a SideKick device, say YES!
    the big question is, are you sure your GPRS is really coming through as unlimited... when you get your bill should be the interesting time.

i'm very interested in this, however.

are you sure your account has been updated on the phone? did your treo get a series of sms messages from t-mobile updating the SIM?
    Originally posted by BladeZ

The link to the new plan is here: http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/sidekick/

This is not just a data plan; it includes 200 whenever minutes and 1000 weekend minutes. Anyway to get more (no pun intended) voice minutes with still unlimited data?
  4.    #4  
    I dont have much time now, but let me just add that my GPRS DIED during lunch. I was shaking my whole way back to work. As clever as I was by telling them I had a SideKick, It appears I was wrong. I will convert my account soon and hopefully reenable GPRS.

No, I didn't get any SIM updates either. Just GPRS not working anymore. I will let you know what happens when I call, in an hour or so.
  5.    #5  
    OK, so the Sidekick plan didn't work. But, the T-Zones Pro, which is now online, as I see, is very attractive. I dont have to suffer with low call minutes, and now I get 10 MB for handset use. What they did, is seperate handset only and laptop users. So, the SAME exact package with 10MB is $39.99 and called T-Mobile Internet 10. Here is what is included in the T-Zones Pro:

$9.99 additional
    10 MB Included - $10 per MB Overage (WOW, that's high)
    Corporate/POP3 Email Access
    300 2-Way Text
    Roaming GPRS $10 per MB

I am converting to this as we speak. Also, I asked if the Handspring Treo qualifies as a supported device and I was given the number for handspring. Heheh....
  6.    #6  
    Actually, for those SMS junkies, I am using the $29.99 T-Zones Talk and Text plan which is 500 messages. Adding the T-Zones Pro gives me 300 more, for a total of 800. Unless I am missing something, the two plans work hand in hand. I added GPRS back to my account and am now waiting for the phone to be updated.
    OK, so the Sidekick plan didn't work. But, the T-Zones Pro, which is now online, as I see, is very attractive. I dont have to suffer with low call minutes, and now I get 10 MB for handset use. What they did, is seperate handset only and laptop users. So, the SAME exact package with 10MB is $39.99 and called T-Mobile Internet 10. Here is what is included in the T-Zones Pro:

$9.99 additional
    10 MB Included - $10 per MB Overage (WOW, that's high)
    Corporate/POP3 Email Access
    300 2-Way Text
    Roaming GPRS $10 per MB

I am converting to this as we speak. Also, I asked if the Handspring Treo qualifies as a supported device and I was given the number for handspring. Heheh....
    do you have the link for this plan?

thx
    Are you sure this Tzones Pro plan works with Treo? The Tzones plans are not supposed to work-- only the Tmobile Internet plans.
  9.    #9  
    You are correct. I am on the phone with them now and am switching back to T Mobile Internet 5. What device would the new t-Zones Pro be for then? They are really confusing people. I'm sure we will be able to use the treo's on an affordable plan, once someone figures out the settings. Until then, I am at $19.99 for 5mb.

Oh well...
    The Tzones Pro plan would be for a heavy user of GPRS on a Motorola V60, V66, P280, T193 or other GPRS phone that Tmobile works with. I honestly cant see how you could use 10mb on those phones! It does work nicely though-- for email, getting scores, quick headlines and movie listings.

I dont like the current Tmobile internet pricing at all. Thanks for keeping an eye out for some better options!
  11.    #11  
    Yeah, so I am back at Internet 5 for now. I dropped my plan from the 39.99 one to the 29.99 one to soften the blow. Reviewing my account showed only 200 minutes used per month anyhow. Anyway, all is working well, now back to some GPRS fun!

Sorry to mislead everyone!
    woohoo! just installed in the update. no problems!

now to figure out which plan i want...
  13.    #13  
    I just want to say also, that after juggling all my services aroung all day, the T-Mobile Internet connection on my palm doesn't work, but T-Mobile VPN does. Does this matter? Am I getting anything extra this way?
    I just want to say also, that after juggling all my services aroung all day, the T-Mobile Internet connection on my palm doesn't work, but T-Mobile VPN does. Does this matter? Am I getting anything extra this way?
    it just stopped working on that other setting? do you think it had something to do with t-mobile changing your different subscriptions?
    Ok, so it is decided then, that T-Zones Pro does NOT work with the Treos? And was it this thread, or another - the Sidekick package does NOT work either?

Geo
  16.    #16  
    Yes. To confirm, neither of the new plans worked for me and my treo. I am now back on Mobile Internet 5. Maybe support will be added for these new plans on next final GPRS release.
    Yes. To confirm, neither of the new plans worked for me and my treo. I am now back on Mobile Internet 5. Maybe support will be added for these new plans on next final GPRS release.
    i'm not too familiar with the t-mobile plans - which one is that one?

Thx
  18.    #18  
    Go to the tmobile.com web site, select a data enabled phone then view plans for that phone. You will see a list of all your options.
    So who is going to get the Sidekick plan to work with the Treo? What technical issues does this pose?
    Go to the tmobile.com web site, select a data enabled phone then view plans for that phone. You will see a list of all your options.
    so at this point, these are the plans you're choosing from?

http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/intern...Override=False
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast