Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Hey, why not just lie and say you have a supported device?
    Here's a suggestion that I'm going to try later this afternoon. I've had better success going to the Mall T-Mobile Kiosk where I've established great relationships with the employees. In fact, they were quite pleased when I brought in my Treo 180 as they had not yet seen one. With all the folks calling in on the phone, I believe this would be a better option. I'll let you know what transpires.
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Originally posted by echaban
    At this point, 'having a Treo' is only part of 'the problem'. The rest is:

a) What EXACTLY is the plan, and what does it include, both now, and a few days ago when I added it.

b) When you (TM) figures that out, are they going to let the employees know?

Treos aside, some are saying it's WAP only, some are not. And for the ones who say it's WAP only, it's really hard to tell them that the plan you added is not working (fully), because as far as they're concerned, it is...

Geo
    Don't know his name, but the TMO network dude I talked to had a heavy spanish accent. Nice guy!
    A VisorPhone owner to boot.
    Well, there are at least two TMO network dudes with Spanish accents. My guy was a jerk. :-) Not really a jerk, actually. More like "not-cool" in that he wouldn't talk to be because I had a Treo. He was just doing his job, so I wouldn't really fault him. He isn't supercool like the first guy though!
    I've thought about that too. I just don't know what to say when he says "okay, now press this on your phone"
    seems to me that if Chunks' treo is working w/ the $9.99 plan and they won't let others w/ treos sign up at $9.99, this configurable APN thingy puts us in a unique situation in that treos can hack their network in ways they just plain don't like! Anyone know if they WAP phones they support have configurable APNs?. If not, that may be the reason.
    I think when I next speak to them I'm going to tell them I move my SIM from one phone to my Treo and therefore though I own a Treo, they still have to enable the service.
    Heheheh, I just called them up again and got the same customer service rep! AHHHHHHH. Guess I'll call back later.
  9.    #89  
    Does wireless data support still go to the UK? I used to get the same guy every time I called. I think they move'd it stateside once GPRS was in full swing...
    Okay. I'm done with this. I just tried to redo everything and it still doesn't work. $20 for 5 megs is still too pricey for me. Oh well. Seems I'm not one of the lucky ones. :-(
    Well, I went down to the Mall and the T-Mobile folks added T-Zones Pro to my phone. All I'm able to connect to though is wap.voicestream.com. I cannot connect using internet2 or internet3.voicestream.com. Bananachunks.... what's the secret? Any advice?
    Up the Creek.... Try the River!
    www.riverontheweb.com

Moblog: bluefrog.textamerica.com
    Originally posted by riverbruce
    Well, I went down to the Mall and the T-Mobile folks added T-Zones Pro to my phone. All I'm able to connect to though is wap.voicestream.com. I cannot connect using internet2 or internet3.voicestream.com. Bananachunks.... what's the secret? Any advice?
    Nope, no secret to tell. They changed the description on the website, which leads me to believe that they no longer allow internet2 on the TZP plan... used to mention Corporate Email/POP3 or whatnot, not that part is gone...

Lame if you ask me.

Lame if you don't.

*sigh*
    Originally posted by bananachunks

Nope, no secret to tell. They changed the description on the website, which leads me to believe that they no longer allow internet2 on the TZP plan... used to mention Corporate Email/POP3 or whatnot, not that part is gone...

Lame if you ask me.

Lame if you don't.

*sigh*
    Speaking on the phone with the rep today, that e-mail access is still true. What it does is send you your e-mail over wap. You can set it up at T-mobile.com
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    One of my friends owns a company that sells T-Mobile phones and service. He is working on getting me a GPRS account that is 20mb for $19.95. The Voice plan will be 1500 anytime minutes for $19.95. much better pricing than my present plan! I hope plans like these become more prevalent.
    Originally posted by z3bum
    One of my friends owns a company that sells T-Mobile phones and service. He is working on getting me a GPRS account that is 20mb for $19.95. The Voice plan will be 1500 anytime minutes for $19.95. much better pricing than my present plan! I hope plans like these become more prevalent.
    mmmmm - now THAT plan sounds quite tasty... Any chance on you releasing some details...?

Originally posted by z3bum
    And that's a T-Mobile plan?
    Whoa. That's the plan I'LL be getting for sure if it's for real.
    TM
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345