Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 97
  1.    #21  
    Yes, those will all work on the treo
  2. #22  
    Originally posted by BladeZ
    Yes, those will all work on the treo
    Around 9 months ago Voicestream (before T-Mobile) had a "phone-only" GPRS service, where the APN was wap.voicestream.com (rather than internet2.voicestream.com and internet3.voicestream.com for the "any device" services). I have that plan but am not able to use any application level services with the GPRS connection I get (i.e. Blazer, Mocha Telnet, One-Touch). Anybody know if this is the same idea behind the T-Mobile Pro plan, or do you just not get any GPRS connection at all?

    J.
  3. #23  
    Does T-Mobile GPRS work when roaming on a Cingular network? Is there additional cost?

    Thanks.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
  4.    #24  
    $4 a MB for roaming GPRS use or $10 a MB when used with a T-Zones Plan.

    $10 A MB!!! I have to get a second job to pay for my GPRS.
  5. #25  
    Well, I took the now-not-so-daring plunge and did the GPRS 1.1 upgrade (figuring I have a backup phone and an m515 in case of trouble -- plus JackSprat to make a backup of the original ROM). It went fairly smoothly.

    I don't intend to sign up with gprs though, because of the cost. It only takes 12sec for me to get an established connection with the t-mobile isdn line or an isp, and transfer speed isn't really an issue for me.

    But what I feel is the most advantageous aspect of the upgrade isn't mentioned much: the Phone app is much peppier. I used to have a lot of errors because I would tap an on-screen button (such as the "extra digits" button) and nothing would happen, so I'd tap again. Then, it would turn out that the first tap had been recognized -- albeit very sluggishly -- and the second tap is likely now doing something I didn't want done. Since the upgrade, the app responds much more quickly.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
  6. #26  
    I'm glad T-Mobile is expanding into unlimited data --- this is good news for everyone.
  7. #27  
    Originally posted by BladeZ
    You are correct. I am on the phone with them now and am switching back to T Mobile Internet 5. What device would the new t-Zones Pro be for then? They are really confusing people. I'm sure we will be able to use the treo's on an affordable plan, once someone figures out the settings. Until then, I am at $19.99 for 5mb.

    Oh well...
    Called and asked about T-Zones Pro today for my Treo 180. Wireless Data Tech said it would be fine. Said that the 2.99 was WAP only, and specifically answered Yes to my question of 'does the Pro Plan use internet2.voicestream.com'. I had it added, and without an SMS alert, all is go (did have to restart the radio).

    Last thing now is to figure out why they won't give me tmob2tmob on my getmore600 plan (gf got a sidekick yesterday)...

    Hope that helps! Can't beat 10M for $9.99!

    Geo
  8. #28  
    Originally posted by bananachunks


    Called and asked about T-Zones Pro today for my Treo 180. Wireless Data Tech said it would be fine. Said that the 2.99 was WAP only, and specifically answered Yes to my question of 'does the Pro Plan use internet2.voicestream.com'. I had it added, and without an SMS alert, all is go (did have to restart the radio).

    Last thing now is to figure out why they won't give me tmob2tmob on my getmore600 plan (gf got a sidekick yesterday)...

    Hope that helps! Can't beat 10M for $9.99!

    Geo
    Is this plan WAP only? Can you not surf with Blazer using this plan? How about email using a client like TreoMail or Basejet?
  9. #29  
    ...the 2.99 plan it WAP only.
    ...the 9.99 plan is internet.

    upirc, aim, telnet, pop3/smtp, xiino - all is working fine. Before I signed up, I asked him and was told that yes, the Pro plan would use internet2.voicestream.com. Even got 1M of WAP additional for some special they're running ATM.

    I switched to this plan from the $5 300SMS/1M plan...

    HTH
    Geo
  10. #30  
    Originally posted by bananachunks
    ...the 2.99 plan it WAP only.
    ...the 9.99 plan is internet.

    upirc, aim, telnet, pop3/smtp, xiino - all is working fine. Before I signed up, I asked him and was told that yes, the Pro plan would use internet2.voicestream.com. Even got 1M of WAP additional for some special they're running ATM.

    I switched to this plan from the $5 300SMS/1M plan...

    HTH
    Geo
    I'm confused. So instead of the Internet 5plan - which is 5MB for $20, there's a different plan that gives you 10MB for $10?

    Is there a link anywhere for this?
  11. #31  
    Originally posted by bigmdime


    I'm confused. So instead of the Internet 5plan - which is 5MB for $20, there's a different plan that gives you 10MB for $10?

    Is there a link anywhere for this?
    http://t-mobile.com/tzones/addonpricing.asp

  12. #32  
    Originally posted by bananachunks


    http://t-mobile.com/tzones/addonpricing.asp

    COOL!!!!!! 10 bucks a meg over the limit though, ouch. How do you check your data usage.
    It might be time to make the plunge.
  13. #33  
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    COOL!!!!!! 10 bucks a meg over the limit though, ouch. How do you check your data usage.
    It might be time to make the plunge.
    Yup, kinda steep - so we shall see...

    ...and unfortunately, to check your data usage, you dial 611, and talk to your friendly neighborhood T-Mobile rep =)

    I can easily see apps being able to handle this for us in the near future. Having this integrated with something like Cell Plan Tracker would definitely sell me on it...

    Geo
  14. #34  
    I just got off the phone with t-mobile. Their wireless group insists that this $9.99 plan is WAP only.
  15. #35  
    I talked to a guy by the name of Brian, twice today. He was the one who told me that it was useable by internet2. And he even told me this after I *gulp* told him that I had a Treo. Even asked if I had the patch installed yet (this is the coolest person I've spoken to there...).

    When I originally got the $5 300/1M, I basically had to tell the lady that whether it worked or not, just add it to my plan... She kept telling me that they don't support the Treo, that I had the wrong handset for the plan, etc....

    *shrug* - you might have to go that route... Just tell em.

    I'm currently able to connect to both wap. and internet2.

    Geo
  16. #36  
    i'd love to hear if anyone else has this working...

    Michael
  17. #37  
    There is a new Reply to post 'T-Mobile Unlimited GPRS $39.99 CONFIRMED' at TreoCentral.com.
  18. #38  
    There is a new Reply to post 'T-Mobile Unlimited GPRS $39.99 CONFIRMED' at TreoCentral.com.
  19. #39  
    Forum is screwing up again.. Please repost.
  20. #40  
    The board ate my question ...

    Anyway, I have 2 questions:

    1. How can you run both WAP and regular internet from the Treo?
    2. Does anyone know if you could use VPN with the the $10 T-Zones Pro plan?

    Thanks.
    Last edited by silverado; 10/07/2002 at 05:25 PM.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions