1.    #1  
    Flashed GPRS 1.1 and finalised the configuration of the connection with SFR.

Had to delete Treotools as it was giving a Fata Exception every time I powered on, at least I think it was Treotools.

Now need to watch those MB!

For info SFR is 6 Euro per month for 10 MB of data transfered.
    Hey Manu, do you happen to know whether SFR offers GPRS service with any of their pre-paid plans (or any other French providers, like Orange France)?
    I also had some fatal error after the GPRS1.1 Upgrade, when trying to launch the SMS app.
    Something like this :
    MemoryMgr.c,line:4340, NULL HANDLE.

I couldn't find out what was the problem.
    I hard reset and tried to restore all with BackupBuddy but the pb came again.
    I had to hard reset and load my apps one by one.
    It was probably due to a duplicate or non-consistent pdb.

Anyway I put back TreoTools to enable phone on reset, and I couldn't notice any crash. So I confirm that TreoTools works fine on my GPRS 1.1 Treo270.
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by tcc
    Hey Manu, do you happen to know whether SFR offers GPRS service with any of their pre-paid plans (or any other French providers, like Orange France)?
    Not to my knowledge but I expect these will be introduced as GPRS takes off.
    Hello Manu,

DO you realy have success with SFR ? I try since one week to find the good parameters, but nothings to do..

Could you give me your parameters ?

Thanks
    If the upgrade works fine, you don't need to configure anything by yourself.
    In fact, the patch automatically installes a new SFR network with the following conf:
    - service : SFR
    - connection: GPRS
    - username: hs_null
    - password :
    - APN : websfr
    - @ IP: automatic
    - DNS : automatic

How ever, you can create your own network conf. with SFR:
    - APN: websfr (lowercases)
    - script: ATZ+CGDCONT=1,"IP","websfr" (uppercases except "websfr" in lowercases)
    - username : no login...
    - password : no password...
    - @ IP: automatic
    - DNS : automatic
    Hacking FreeMax
    <I><a href="http://groups.msn.com/TreoFrance">TreoFrance</a> , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo</i>
    Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

It works now...

In facts, SFR had only activated the WAP GPRS on my account...

Now All works fine ...
  8.    #8  
    I also had to apply the Continous Ringtone patch to fix a problem I had on receiving SMS messages that originate from web sites.

They would go directly into the SIM card and cause a Fatal Exception with reset when I transfered them to the phone memory.

The Handspring knowledge base ( http://support.handspring.com/esuppo...sType=RESEARCH ) mentions a known problem with SFR, it might be worth checking if you need this patch, I did!