1.    #1  
    I updated from 1.0 to 1.1. The upgrade went without a hitch. I had a little bit of a hard time doing a hot sync restore, but worked my way through some issues.

Like others on here, I initially did not get the small triangle on the signal, but it ultimately showed up and GPRS is working fine, including Blazer.

Handspring made a couple of good tweaks, like keyboard option listed under mute, hangup, etc.

However, one good thing from the eralier versions is gone. In the non-gprs flash and in 1.0 when I was in the phone mode (either speed dial or phone keypad) I had 4 choices to click through:

- Speeddial
    - Keypad
    - Phonebook
    - Call History

In 1.1, Call History is not an option.

Is everyone else finding the same thing?
    call history has been moved to a menu item. check there and you will find it.
    I can observe the same issue :
    I installed the 1.1 official GPRS updater over my original ROM, and now the call log button is gone.
    OK it's possible to get the call log with ctrl Y but, it was so easy to access it the way it was. Why did they remove it ? There no need for free space there, there is just a white useless area...
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
    Originally posted by Treobuddy
    I can observe the same issue :
    I installed the 1.1 official GPRS updater over my original ROM, and now the call log button is gone.
    OK it's possible to get the call log with ctrl Y but, it was so easy to access it the way it was. Why did they remove it ? There no need for free space there, there is just a white useless area...
    I don't think it's useless--they are using it to show the first few letters that you type. I think this improves the overall speed a bit when you search for a name.

Also, I think it's good to take the history out of the phone views. You have less views to cycle through and history can be reached with two key clicks.

The only thing I don't like is that on the 270 they had to make the bottom area white instead of the same color as the rest of the background... Not as pretty as before :-)
    I think it was a big mistake to remove the call log from the call button sequence.

It's a significant problem when using the headset. Before, I was able to hit the call button to get to the call list and then use the jog wheel to get to the recently used number, then press the jog wheel to make the call.

As it now stands, I cannot get to the call history without opening the Treo and hitting command-y, which is for all intents and purposes a two-handed operation. This is really annoying, especially while driving. Actually, it's annoying while walking too...

Anyway, Handspring, bring this feature back. It is sorely missed.

-johnny0
    Treo 270 / Cingular
    Originally posted by johnny0
    I think it was a big mistake to remove the call log from the call button sequence.

It's a significant problem when using the headset. Before, I was able to hit the call button to get to the call list and then use the jog wheel to get to the recently used number, then press the jog wheel to make the call.

As it now stands, I cannot get to the call history without opening the Treo and hitting command-y, which is for all intents and purposes a two-handed operation. This is really annoying, especially while driving. Actually, it's annoying while walking too...

-johnny0
    I use PowerJog. It allows me to get to the menu without openning the cover.

I happen to think that moving the call history to a menu option was a good move. There were just too many views to switch between by hitting the phone hardware button. When in the middle of a call, it was quite annoying to have to pass through the history view while trying to juggle between the relevant views that you often need in the middle of the call. I also think that adding the text field at the bottom was part of a solution that has significantly improved the speed with which name lookup is done.

I think that based on frequency of use, call history is better left as a menu option.
    There's space for the text field whether or not the call history button is still there -- if you look, it is to the right of some empty space where our friend once lived.

Maybe it's the years spent using Nokia, but I use(d) call history ALL the time, both as a substitute for the phonebook (when calling clusters of people, it's handy to just be able to scroll back in the history to extract their numbers rather than look up their names which may or may not be on your speed dial) and as a cache -- I'll enter someone's number I don't have and immediately cancel the call. Later, presto, ready access to that number. (This of course leads to the obscene difficulty of saving a number from the call history in the phonebook, whether I entered it or they called me -- having to copy it and paste it into the address book is, to say the least, inelegant. Storing the number of a caller is far easier on Nokias than the Treo. How hard would it be to have a 'make addressbook entry' button? grrr...)

I see your point concerning the lag of scrolling through the buttons. I think it's a pretty integral tool, and I see it as something standard cell phone users would expect and want ready access to, but the call history does seem to overwhelm our little 33 MHz friend. Why not make the display of the call history button an option?

-johnny0
    Treo 270 / Cingular
    Originally posted by johnny0

-johnny0
    FWIW, using the scroll buttons on the dialup screen brings up the last 10 numbers dialed.
    Wow. I didn't know about the 10 number call history. That's handy.

Too bad I don't know anyone's phone number by sight any more.
    Treo 270 / Cingular