Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I bit the bullet and tried it out!! I had to use the CurrentCarrier.pdb that was used for the Asian patch.

Works like a champ!! No proxy needed!!! Real fast.

I tried it with a Treo 180.

Try at your own risk!!!

Enjoy.
    I have the same experiance. Downloaded GPRS V1.1 and have experianced no troubles. I just needed to replace the currentcarrier.pdb that was in my backup folder with the one you can download on this site. I am also able to surf Blazer w/o a proxy. Seems to work real good... Also phone is working fine...

Good Luck...update at you own risk..

The only reason I ypdated was because I have a backup GPS phone and can wait until the official "carrier approved" patch if things didnt work out.
    What have some of the negative experiences been? Have people literally killed their treo by installing this?

i am tempted.
    I was going to wait too, but since this was on the US site, I figured they won't change it. I'm "Updating" now as my treo screen tells me. God please don't die, DONT DIE!!! hahah... I'll post my results after the upgrade is done.
    Good Luck BladeZ let us all know how it works out!!!!!
    Originally posted by BladeZ
    I was going to wait too, but since this was on the US site, I figured they won't change it. I'm "Updating" now as my treo screen tells me. God please don't die, DONT DIE!!! hahah... I'll post my results after the upgrade is done.
    yup - good luck...

can someone please explain what you mean by "die?"

is it a death that a hard reset wouldn't fix?
    OK, I'm freaking out right now. First of all, the update itself went ok. But now, my backupbuddy can't open a file called hstrace or something. I hate when I have bad hotsyncs, it throws an error everytime now. So, anyway, after that, I "believed" I had to restore my old currentcarrier.pdb? Is this right? I don't know. I tried to do that and my "Carrier" want from T-Mobile to SG_GTS or something! I hard reset and It's now back to T-Mobile. No GPRS Triangle over the Antenna though. I am rebooting my pc to see if that fixes backupbuddy. I would erase that trace file but I don't know what it is, nor why BB can't grab it. For those borderline upgraders out there, I say keep waiting. I'm not a happy camper right now. I will post again if I have more news.

Well I ran the 1.1 update. Used the same process I did when running the first gprs update - copied the currentcarrier file from here on TreoCentral, then ran the updater

All went well.

Only thing that worried me when I got it all started up again was that the GPRS triangle didnt show up on top of the signal strength thing. But I tried connecting to the internet, and once it signed on to TMobile Internet, it started showing.

Seems to be working fine so far. Need to fiddle with it now
    OK, I am now 90% happier than my last post. While I was rebooting, I went to connections and GPRS Internet, whatever, connect, failed. I was like OK, it's not working. I only get a bar or two in my house anyway. I clicked it again, arm stretched towards the window, and VOILA! it WORKS! I was BLAZING through some sports scores and crap. Wow, I'm thrilled now. Now when all the people ask me if I can get the internet I can proudly say YES.

But, I am STILL seeing this error, I will paste it here in a sec. Now, regardless of whether or now you USE BackupBuddy or not, does EVERYONE have this file, pre or post upgrade?

WARNING: Unable to open remote file: HSTraceDatabase3 (16388). Skipping.
    WARNING: BackupBuddy encountered an error while trying to backup handheld file HSTraceDatabase3 (16388). Handheld file was not backed up.

I never have problems with backupbuddy, so this annoys me. I will try and hack a way around it. Otherwise, upgrade works, no settings or knowledge needed, heck, I did it.

Good luck, I'll check the forum in the AM.

First time I ran Eudora Web, it automatically directed me to the getmorespeed site thing. I turned off the accellerator service. Should I have left it on? Any suggestions oot there?
    Yeah, also Blazer works great, but Avantgo web browser doesn't. Any way I can get Avantgo to work?
    Last post and I am going to sleep! I purchased and installed AIM for Palm and it works GREAT. I was chatting my MB's away with some friends to test. It's like im on a PC, no delay at all.

However, still have backupbuddy problem and emailed BlueNomad about it. We'll see what they say tomorrow. Adios amigos, good luck with the patches!
    haha! guess what! i am in bed writing this on my treo! I know I am making all the non-gprs folk jealous now... sorry! lata...
    works great! my phone even report 't-moble' instead of 'zingular' (CA market) and blazer works fine!!
    Working great here, too.

Only problem I have (and it's not related to the 1.1 patch, been happening for a while now) is that some of the icons for my PQAs keep disapearing and turning into black triangles. Anybody else had that problem? I dont know if its something i installed or what
    Attached Images Attached Images
    What is the advantage of PQA's? I already use Avantgo...
    Originally posted by BladeZ
    What is the advantage of PQA's? I already use Avantgo...
    I always found PQAs handy. They're quick and easy.

Can't say that I've ever tried Avantgo. How does that work?
    I know we are getting slighlty off topic here, but Avantgo is a full featured offline web browser. So, whether or not I have GPRS, I can still read cnet, cnn, yahoo, and like 7 other sites that I personally enjoy reading daily. And the data will be as current as my last hotsync. It supports the treo jog dial and works quite well. Now that I have GPRS, I will still continue to read my offline data, but now, I'm hoping, I can follow a link out from anandtech (for example) and read that article as well. But as of right now, I can't get avantgo to work through GPRS.
    Does any one know the exact differences between ver. 1.0 & 1.1 if there are any differences at all?
    Originally posted by abarrios
    Does any one know the exact differences between ver. 1.0 & 1.1 if there are any differences at all?
    From what I can tell there are a few differences.

It appears that a newer version of Blazer is installed. You don't need to fiddle with the Proxy settings.

In the phone dialer, your Call History list has been moved - you need to go to Options / Call History to view it.

Default SMS notification tone has also changed.

Still looking to see what else has changed

Oh, and it seems to (at least for me) find the network when you turn on wireless mode a little quicker.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast