Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A few other changes that I have noticed

1. At the bottom of the speed dial screen is a cursor which allows you to enter the first few letters of a name and will automatically take you to the name in the Address book, instead of having to go to the address book firsr manually.

2. After dialing there are keyboard shortcuts under the icons for speakerphone, disconnect etc.
    No issues for me on the install. All prompts were very clear except for the user data. I remembered I left it blank on the last update, but for a few minutes I was a little nervous - getting older, memory going.

Not sure I like the call history going away. I liked being able to make calls from that list without going to the stylus. Lots of little tweaks throughout.

I had a few fatal exceptions from hacks stepping on memory in the 1.0 update, so I'm looking to track down the culprits on this install. However, the 1.0 was very useful on the service formerly known as Voicestream.

For those on the fence, there is absolutely no reason not to upgrade. Follow the instructions on this site - maybe get rid of your hacks, but this is pretty straightforward.
    Doug
    Originally posted by fmertz

Not sure I like the call history going away. I liked being able to make calls from that list without going to the stylus. Lots of little tweaks throughout.
    You can still get to call history if you go to options / call history

the ./ button, then Y
    I just updated to 1.1 without any issues. The little triangle did not come on immediately, but GPRS turned right on after I went to Blazer to get to a page. Wow it is fast. No more proxy server.

That is a great relief. I was out at Planet PDA last week and could not get anything because the proxy kept going down.

Cingular is CA especially San Fran is very week downtown. Signal kept jumping all over the place.

Looks like some great updates such as SMS dialing and linking, fast Blazer, and much faster network times for getting onto T-Mobile.
    Now that we have a pretty usable GPRS (it does work great now!) I wonder if any of you guys still have the t-mobile WAP portal address? (the one that is usually build into the T-mobile phones as start-page)?
    My update from GPRS 1.0 to 1.1 went fine, phone still working, have new features, etc.

However, I have tried synching about 20 times and each time it ends abruptly without completing the full restore of my data.

Most of my stuff is back but it won't get past one program and my entire contacts list is still not restored.

Any ideas?
    Originally posted by mikegold
    My update from GPRS 1.0 to 1.1 went fine, phone still working, have new features, etc.

However, I have tried synching about 20 times and each time it ends abruptly without completing the full restore of my data.

Most of my stuff is back but it won't get past one program and my entire contacts list is still not restored.

Any ideas?
    I had that problem with the 1.0 update when I forgot to follow the directions on the screen on the computer, and just did what it said to do on the treo. Did you remember to push "Next" after the treo resets, then have it synch and stuff, and do whatever?
  8.    #28  
    Originally posted by mervynle
    A few other changes that I have noticed

1. At the bottom of the speed dial screen is a cursor which allows you to enter the first few letters of a name and will automatically take you to the name in the Address book, instead of having to go to the address book firsr manually.
    Not to nit pick, but you really never needed to switch to the address book manually; you were always able to start typing letters in the speed dial view and it would automatically take you to the address book.

The advantage to this new field is that it is a tiny bit faster and that you can write graffiti on the screen using RecoEcho+ or any similar apps to start the search. The latter would have required a manual switch to the address book before. The existence of the text field on the speed dial screen makes these programs start accepting graffiti strokes.

Life is good! :-)
    Last edited by silverado; 10/01/2002 at 04:39 PM.
    I did have this problem the first time also but it resolved itself after a couple of syncs.

I did follow the updater instructions but still having this issue.

Originally posted by GregP74

I had that problem with the 1.0 update when I forgot to follow the directions on the screen on the computer, and just did what it said to do on the treo. Did you remember to push "Next" after the treo resets, then have it synch and stuff, and do whatever?
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    In the Phone Info menu option you can now enter your phone number and have it stored on the SIM card.
    Originally posted by mikegold

Any ideas?
    I had the same problem after installing GPRS 1.1.1.

I use BackupBuddy, and the restore would always fail when trying to restore Treo Alert Manager. So I deleted the treoalertmgr.prc file from the backup folder and the restore worked. I then re-installed Treo Alert Manager.

Michael
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12