1.    #1  
    I have tried to follow the instruction and downloaded GPRS and current carrier.It was not so easy,but you have to follow the instruction point by point. After installing,start up Treo,and for the Network settings in Telenor,use Connection-GPRS,Username and password.Then in the APN box,write in small letters "internet".
    The same procedure for NetCom users,but you write "internet.netcom.no" in the APN box.This was the most difficult part to get right,because you have to get the information from the telephone service provider.There are no "bugs" or failure so far,and the providers offer great functionality.It might have been some slow speed with NetCom,but Telenor was quicker to download.Mail was equal.We have good coverage for GSM/GPRS-network in Norway with both companies.
    It can really be recommend from me,but you must have some insight to do this right.You can`t cut corners if you want this unofficially version !
    Last edited by 14u2nilsen; 09/25/2002 at 07:36 AM.
    14u2
    I read this and did not get it to work right away. 14u2nilsen states to simply "use Connection-GPRS,Username and password.Then in the APN box,write in small letters "internet". Great, but did not say what the username and password was. Not very helpful. After inserting the sim, the phone put in the following values automatically

user name: t600
    password: assigned
    Apn: internet

I thought the phone knew what is was doing, so trusted the values. It seems obvious now, but you need to modify the user name to be "t650" and it will work with the internet. I spent 3 days trying and calling customer service and simply having them say, "sorry, we don't support that model. Call Palm." Call Palm? That seemed unlikely to help.