1.    #1  
    Anyone else having problems like this:

For the last 2 days or so, I get the ringtone that I have assigned to a recieved SMS, but nothing shows - no popup window, nothing in the inbox... just plain nothing. Sometime, when I turn the radio off, then back on, I'm told that my SIM chip has messages on it, and do I want to retrieve them. After saying yes, I get the message(s). This has only been as of late. Is Treo 180 #2 finally starting to kick the bucket? Anyone else have issues with SMS at all?

TIA
    geo
    The SMS app seems to flake out when transferring buffered SMSes from SIM to app, especially if there are alot of undeleted messages on the Treo.

Read the SIM messages on another cellphone and delete them all. It should work on the Treo after that.

Only workaround I found is 1) Don't keep a lot of SMS messages on the Treo 2) Always keep wireless on, so that received SMSes get transferred immediately.
    Originally posted by bananachunks
    Anyone else having problems like this:

For the last 2 days or so, I get the ringtone that I have assigned to a recieved SMS, but nothing shows - no popup window, nothing in the inbox... just plain nothing. Sometime, when I turn the radio off, then back on, I'm told that my SIM chip has messages on it, and do I want to retrieve them. After saying yes, I get the message(s). This has only been as of late. Is Treo 180 #2 finally starting to kick the bucket? Anyone else have issues with SMS at all?

TIA
    geo

I have that problem all the time with AT&T GSM but only with certain SMS. When you have Voicemail waiting for you AT&T sends you an SMS telling you how many new/old msgs you have waiting for you. My Treo 270 beeps when it receives the message but no new message appears. I can receive the message fine on my Motorola Phone.

The really strange part is that when I put the SIM back into the Treo 270 it says there is a message waiting on the SIM card. I click Ok to copy the msg and no new message appears. I think it's a bug with the Treos.
    Yes, had the voicemail issue too, which I believe is also related to buffered SMSes on the SIM.

Basically, I think, when I am making a long phone call on the Treo; some of the incoming callers could not get through and thus leave a voicemail. The voicemail then SMSes me immediately which gets buffered into my SIM. And presto! I get phantom SMS when I end the phone call.

For now, I just keep my SIM card memory completely clear (deleted all SMSes and phone numbers). Hope Handspring fixes this on the next update.
  5.    #5  
    Well, like I said, this /just/ started... I get 3 SMSs delivered every morning and all has been fine up until about 3 days ago. Being on my second Treo 180 doesn't help keep me from being paranoid either ;P I just wanna make sure that if this is something that I need to get 'taken care of' that I do it ASAP.

Forgot to give specs above...

(so far, non GPRS patched)
    Treo 180 (2nd, first lost to radio death)
    VoiceStream/T-Mobile GetMore National
    +500 PingPong/SMS
    +Data enabled (or whatever it's called - I can dial-up to ISDN and can fax

TIA
    Geo
  6.    #6  
    ...deleted all my SMSs, and all /seems/ to be back to normal. How lame to have to be able to delete stuff for it to work correctly. I like keeping all that info, not to mention, it's kinda needed for Call Tracker to work correctly. No biggie I guess, as long as Treo Number Two continues to work ;P

Thanks!
    Geo
    Hey Bananachunks, I am on Rogers network and used to have the same issue. Every other time I receive an sms it would go to my sim card directly and then I had to turn the wireless mode off and when I turn it back on it will give me the option to transfer the message from sim to the treo. This was a big hassel, finally it got resolved when I updated to GPRS and I have not seen the issue resurface since almost a month now.

Ofcourse, rest easy and bear in mind that you do not need to subscribe to overly costly GPRS services from your carrier in order to use your Treo with the GPRS upgrade.

Regards,
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by Xenoepist
    Ofcourse, rest easy and bear in mind that you do not need to subscribe to overly costly GPRS services from your carrier in order to use your Treo with the GPRS upgrade.

Regards,
    Well, that is something I'm wanting to do... I guess you may be the wrong person to ask (because you are on Rogers), but I'm trying to see if anyone on VoiceStream has successfully used the Rogers' upgrade to get GPRS... I know the original Asian one is T-Mobile specific, and I'm guessing that the Rogers' one is as well (for AT&T)...

Is the Rogers' update 1.1?

TIA
    Geo
    Sorry Geo I am equally clueless about the version of Rogers update. I did not see any version numbers all through out the update process. And I doubt if the Firmware number would reflect the difference.