1.    #1  
    So, what's up with AT&T? They have totally failed in providing any palm operated device though we have seen several generations of devices fly by. I know we can get a Treo working with AT&T, but at what price? One would have to buy a Treo without activation (about $600+) then buy another cheapo phone ($60 to$120) just to get a Sim card. So we are looking at about 700 smacks just to get started. I guess an additional $200 is not a huge deal, but it seems crazy to spend that much more when other carriers offer it for so much less. What will it take for AT&T to start offering some decent phones?
    My cell phone and my palm device are both on their last legs. I wish to stay with AT&T. Do you think if I wait, AT&T will jump on the bandwagon?
    Originally posted by GalenMD
    So, what's up with AT&T? They have totally failed in providing any palm operated device though we have seen several generations of devices fly by. I know we can get a Treo working with AT&T, but at what price? One would have to buy a Treo without activation (about $600+) then buy another cheapo phone ($60 to$120) just to get a Sim card. So we are looking at about 700 smacks just to get started. I guess an additional $200 is not a huge deal, but it seems crazy to spend that much more when other carriers offer it for so much less. What will it take for AT&T to start offering some decent phones?
    My cell phone and my palm device are both on their last legs. I wish to stay with AT&T. Do you think if I wait, AT&T will jump on the bandwagon?
    I got a SIM card for free with AT&T wireless in Florida. I just told them I wanted to convert from my TDMA phone to a GSM one and I told them I already had an unlocked GSM phone, so they just sent me the chip for free. My suggestion is to sign up with AT&T with a free TDMA phone, and after a week tell them you want to "migrate" over to GSM. By the way I did all this and I live in Canada and my main provider is Rogers!!
    You have to have had your TDMA for a year to convert at no charge and get a free SIM card. My understanding is that if not they will charge you retroactively for the "free" TDMA phone.
    Originally posted by mervynle
    You have to have had your TDMA for a year to convert at no charge and get a free SIM card. My understanding is that if not they will charge you retroactively for the "free" TDMA phone.
    I had mine for 6 months but I suspended my account for most of the time. Just keep calling AT&T until some guy does it for you. You know my phone number is still active even though my account is suspended; these big companies are all "screwed up"!! Make up some story if you have to. Trust me, it's really not that hard and I bet you most people on this chat board would agree with me.