1.    #1  
    Has anyone out there managed to get onto the GPRS network on any of the three providers (SingTel, M1, StarHub)?
    Endorphin
    Originally posted by Endorphin1717
    Has anyone out there managed to get onto the GPRS network on any of the three providers (SingTel, M1, StarHub)?
    Yes, I'm on M1 with no problems. GPRS is really great. I've heard of others in Singapore who have gotten onto Singtel as well, but with some initial problems, which they solved. Haven't heard of anyone on Starhub yet though.
    Hi yes,

I've gotten it working without a hitch with M1

BUT there are 3 problems :

(1) M1 (the stupid dolts) use 2 different APNs for accessing WAP vs Internet/HTML sites.... so I have to disconnect and reconnect to a different network setting if i want to switch. this severely negates the benefits of always on GPRS.

(2) It's not all that fast actually...the speed is less dramatic an improvement than the always on mode... which as in Point 1... is handicapped

(3) It's BLOODY expensive. Which kinda means that point 1 and 2 are kinda moot.

It costs $10/Mb for WAP and Mobilenet (Mobilenet charges drop to $5/Mb after 1st Mb... WAP doesn't drop)

This is at least twice the price of the Starhub and Singtel, with no recourse for a package deal to get better rates unless you buy a separate data SIM, which is of course, a pretty STUPID thing to do.

My 2 cents
    Kevin Teh
    Originally posted by kteh
    Hi yes,

I've gotten it working without a hitch with M1

BUT there are 3 problems :

(1) M1 (the stupid dolts) use 2 different APNs for accessing WAP vs Internet/HTML sites.... so I have to disconnect and reconnect to a different network setting if i want to switch. this severely negates the benefits of always on GPRS.

(2) It's not all that fast actually...the speed is less dramatic an improvement than the always on mode... which as in Point 1... is handicapped

(3) It's BLOODY expensive. Which kinda means that point 1 and 2 are kinda moot.

It costs $10/Mb for WAP and Mobilenet (Mobilenet charges drop to $5/Mb after 1st Mb... WAP doesn't drop)

This is at least twice the price of the Starhub and Singtel, with no recourse for a package deal to get better rates unless you buy a separate data SIM, which is of course, a pretty STUPID thing to do.

My 2 cents
    Kevin Teh
    Hi. How did you manage to connect to the wap server? I've not been successful at all using gprs. I can only connect to Mi World wap when I use csd and I need to use wapman (blazer doesn't work). You seem to indicate that you managed to get onto the wap server using gprs but using a different apn. What's the wap apn and how about the ip setting? Does this need to be set as per the wap instructions or just leave it as auto, as per the gprs settings. Would appreciate any advice from you.

Justin
    Hi there Justin,

Ok :

use the follwing APNs

MobileNet : mobilenet
    WAP : miworld

set it as default settings on your gprs settings, no need for any fancy-wancy settings. the auto settings work.

Mobilenet access via Blazer
    no proxy set

WAP via wapman
    set the gateway as 172.16.1.23
    homepage as http://wapsvr.m1.com.sg:8000
    and port as connectionless 9200

Cheers,

and anyone else out there who benefits from this and is a Treo buff, drop me a line/sms at 97999711 and we can swop info.

Kevin
    Quote Originally Posted by Endorphin1717 View Post
    Hi, i just want to know if i can get gprs to my multi sim card i use singtel?
    Hi, i just want to know if i can get gprs to my multi sim card i use singtel?