1.    #1  
    I have Treo 270 with Asian GPRS update. Also I have Cingular account with GPRS
    enabled. It does show GPRS signal indicator on my Treo. I've set up GPRS connection with my wireless window username and password and isp.cingular APN.

When I try to dial
    I got following error (after Signing On message):

The GPRS connection has failed
    (40CE)

If there is any way around it?
    Read the other threads regarding Cingular. The answers are there...

-Justin
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by justinf
    Read the other threads regarding Cingular. The answers are there...

-Justin
    I did, and have not been able to find out what I am doing wrong.

Vadim
    Are you on the east coast or the west coast?
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Any one has GPRS Cingular in San Francisco area? This is the west coast. I too have the Asian update, see the triangle icon, and have GPRS enabled on my account. But I get an error when trying to connce to the Internet. The error was:

The GPRS has failed or GPRS is not enabled on your account. If the problem persists, please call your service provider

I called Cingular and they said that the ball is Handspring now. Cingular also said that GPRS has been available for some time now in San Francisco but they are having problems with Treo's sold at www.handspring.com (that's where I bought my 270). Those Treo's has to be upgraded from Handspring (not Cingular), which according to Handspring Tech, upgrade for United States is not officialy release yet until December 2002. Does this sound right?

- rperalta
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by ShockSLL
    Are you on the east coast or the west coast?
    West coast. San Francisco bay area.
    So far, no one has been able to find the correct settings to get a Treo to work with Cingular on the west coast. East coast users have manage some reasonable success with the settings posted on this discussion board.
    Rob