Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    It looks like Rogers has the patch but their site is crashing with all the traffic!
  2.    #2  
    Originally posted by asj7
    It looks like Rogers has the patch but their site is crashing with all the traffic!
    The Rogers website seems stable now and has the GPRS upgrades.
    For those looking for the update, you can get it from Roger's website at:

http://www.shoprogers.com/store/wire...o/software.asp
    Download it here
    Boo ya! For once Canada has a new piece of technology before America...that's a first.
    Alex.

P.S. Now I wish my Treo 90 had GPRS functions....
    Goodbye my lovely Treo
    HELLO TG50
    Lets all flood over to Rogers.com like wacky little Treo users we are, and install that patch over our current patch which was a patch of the original 1.0 patch.

Or something...
    Great. I installed the upgrade on Rogers, and in the course of backing up the data to the desktop, and then back to the Treo 270, I ended up with duplicate entries for all events without an assigned time, and all events that had repeats. Anyone have an easy fix to delete the duplicate entries?
    1. Install Palm Desktop 4.1.
    If you do this, DO NOT INSTALL THE HOTSYNC MANAGER. MAKE SURE YOU ARE GIVEN THE CHOICE TO INSTALL OR NOT INSTALL THE NEW HOTSYNC MANAGER. The new Palm Desktop 4.1 includes a duplicate removal tool.
    2. Shell out $5.00 (i believe) for UnDupe. Look on PalmOS software websites such as handango.
    3. Manual data removal
    Thanks Perihj:

I deleted 3495 duplicates in my calendar.

Now I can start surfin". My first attempt was at www.queensfootball.com, but I couldn't get beyond the home page (which has animation) with Blazer.
    I downloaded the Rogers updater for Mac, and unpacked it. It seems to want to run in French. Anyone know how to get it to switch to English (and how to be sure it installs the English patch)? Thanks/merci.
    Does anyone have an idea about why Rodger's patch is specifically only for the Treo 180. and no mention of Treo 270 is made. I know Rodgers doesn't sell the Treo 270 yet, but why wouldn't they take this opportunity to offer their users the upgraded color screen and other features that the Treo 270 offers?
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by rvwink
    Does anyone have an idea about why Rodger's patch is specifically only for the Treo 180. and no mention of Treo 270 is made. I know Rodgers doesn't sell the Treo 270 yet, but why wouldn't they take this opportunity to offer their users the upgraded color screen and other features that the Treo 270 offers?
    I live in Toronto and have service with Rogers. I'm assuming the patch will work on my 270 when I install it later. Is there something I should know before attempting to install it on my 270?

Thanks.
    I just thought it strange that they specifically referred to the patch as being for the Treo 180 when they could have said 180 and 270. Didn't undertand why they would carry Treo 270 for the customers that wanted color. Maybe they have 180 inventory that they need to work through.

Regards,

Ted
  14. 996
    I cant get my Treo 180 to connect, I have the data access plan with unlimited data transfers. i waited for the rogers official release installed it and now i get this error 40CE

i just set the username to wapuser1
    pw: wap
    apn: internet.com

still nothin

please help me

thanks

Rich
    vcvet i thot removing 200ish calendar entries was tuff. I think I installed a 3rd party calendar app, which let me just use monotonous keyboard shortcuts, and thankfully didn't prompt me for each deletion.
    Anyways, I went to a Rogers store. they know about the update (referring to it as "The Treo Download"), and they will not give me a cdrom with the update. They won't even if I buy a new Treo. But they were overall happy and helpful and DYING to know how I liked the device, and how useful it was, and other training highlight questions.
    I didn't tell them I didn't have a Rogers voice or data plan.
  16. 996
    ahhh, i just did a hard reset, installed the update patch and i'm still getting that 40ce error message when trying to connect to the internet....
    Anyone know if the Rogers Canada GPRS patch work on the FIDO network?
    if not, anyone know when if ever a GPRS patch that works with Fido be availible?!
    I have called Rogers and they told me I had to call Handspring to resolve the issue of getting on the internet. When I click on connect in the Network Preferences under the Internet (Rogers Locked Service) I get the following:
    Connecting to Internet
    Signing On - nothing happens for about 30 seconds
    Then it says Canceling...
    The I get the following message:
    "The GPRS connection has failed or GPRS has not been enabled on your account. If the problem persits please contact your service provider. (40CE)"
    Then it goes back to the Network Preferences Screen.

PLEASE HELP!!
    Last edited by dgreensp; 09/11/2002 at 07:48 AM.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
  19. 996
    well i ggot it working. it was something that rogers forgot to setup on my account

i'm posting this from ny treo now
    If you can tell me what Rogers had to add to your account or anything from your Customer Service call with them - please let me know as I just got off the phone with them and they still haven't solved the problem.

Thank you
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast