Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1.    #41  
    Originally posted by asj7

I haven't been able to sign on all day in Etobicoke. We'll see what happens when I get home in North York. I think I'll be trying out my Fido chip soon since my phone is unlocked (if things don't get better).
    Well my GPRS started to work on my way home from work (only about 5 minutes away) and it's been working since all night!
  2.    #42  

Well my GPRS started to work on my way home from work (only about 5 minutes away) and it's been working since all night!
    I cannot connect anywhere in Toronto this morning! Are others experiencing this also?
    Mine doesn't work as well!
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
  4.    #44  
    Originally posted by dgreensp
    Mine doesn't work as well!
    I got it working at 2:00pm (Eastern time) around Scarlett Road and Eglinton in Toronto. But then it stopped once I got to Dundas and Royal York. I hope Rogers straightens this out soon!
  5. 996
    My gprs was working most of the way in to work today, straight down the 404/DVP started working at Stoufville, then stopped at sheppard the started working again at york mills. traffic sucked and i was icqing people off and on (yeah i know not the smarteset thing to be doing). But the gprs sure is flaky to say the least.
    Rogers network seemed to work fine until they posted the official GPRS upgrade. Thousands of Treo users have overwhelmed them? I don't think so.
    I spoke to a tech support guy today who said that whatever they tried last night failed, but they are going to try something else tonight and hopefully this will work and things will be working better tomorrow. They are not swamped by Treo/GPRS users the guy informed me, but that the network is NOT working as it should. Let's hope tomorrow they can get it working. At least they finally acknowledged this is a Rogers problem and not Handspring. Handspring responded to my technical support phone call this afternoon with an e-mail basically blasting Rogers and blaming all the blame on Rogers. Very interesting!
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    I'd like to use a program like Mailer to check only the headers of my messages, but it requires the SMTP server of my ISP. Does Rogers have an SMTP Server?
    Check on your desktop computer what your SMTP server is - you can use the same one. If you are using Rogers Hi-Speed and you are checking a rogers account then I believe the SMTP server is:
    smtp.broadband.rogers.com

I hope this works.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    I am not on Rogers broadband and my ISP does not allow access to its SMTP server unless I'm on their network. Does Rogers PCS have a SMTP Server?
    I don't know the answer to that - try calling tech support.
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
    You need to get a Mail client with SMTP authentication. That way you can send and receive your wireless email through Rogers GPRS service. A goiod free client is Eudora at http://www.eudora.com/internetsuite.

Originally posted by SprintSheeba
    I am not on Rogers broadband and my ISP does not allow access to its SMTP server unless I'm on their network. Does Rogers PCS have a SMTP Server?
    The patch will work. But you need to use the CurrentCarrier.pdb file trick poosted on the main page of this site.

Originally posted by tomm

I am asking the same question, the Rgers patch should work, but we may have to use the asian update CurrentCarrier.pdb or perhaps some kind Rogers user, who got it to work, would be willing to email us their CurrentCarrier.pdb from their backup folder?? That should work??

my email is tom@ttres.com

thanks
    FIDO has the best GPRS service in Toronto Hands Down. I have not been anywhere in the city where I have a cell connection and cannot use the GPRS. Rogers ought to buyout FIDO.

Originally posted by tomm

I'd be interested in your Fido experience. Let's hope its more reliable than Mr. Rogers.
    Originally posted by 996
    I cant get my Treo 180 to connect, I have the data access plan with unlimited data transfers. i waited for the rogers official release installed it and now i get this error 40CE

i just set the username to wapuser1
    pw: wap
    apn: internet.com

YOU DON'T NEED THESE!!!

still nothin

CHECK YOUR NETWORK PREFERENCES. YOU WILL SEE THAT THERE IS A LOCKED 'INTERNET' CONNECTION. USE IT INSTEAD OF THE 'HAND MADE' SETUP.

ALSO, CHECK WITH ROGERS TECHNICAL SUPPORT, MAKE SURE THAT THEY HAVE REPROVISIONED YOUR SIM CAD TO INTERNET.COM, FROM GOAM.COM.

FINALLY, GO TO BLAZER AND TAP ON BLAZER PREFERENCES/ADVANCED TAB. PLACE A CHEKMARK AT "USE A PROXY", AND CHANGE THE PROXY PORT TO 9203 FROM 80.

BLAZER WILL NOW WORK AND YOUR GPRS CONNECTION WILL WORK.

please help me

thanks

Rich
  16.    #56  
    Originally posted by yardie
    FIDO has the best GPRS service in Toronto Hands Down. I have not been anywhere in the city where I have a cell connection and cannot use the GPRS. Rogers ought to buyout FIDO.

Rogers GPRS seems to work everywhere in Toronto now!
    I'm having a lot of fun with the GPRS - when it works this is great. It makes the TREO 100% better!
    Darren Greenspoon
    www.allstarsportscamp.ca
  18.    #58  

Rogers GPRS seems to work everywhere in Toronto now!
    I spoke too soon. It's been working great for about 4 or 5 days. And just a few minutes ago the network went down again! I guess I "jinxed" the whole network!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123