1.    #1  
    After successfully downloading the GPRS patch and spending approximately 2 hours on the phone with Cingular, I still cannot see the triangle to show that I can connect to GPRS. The phone seems to work fine, all new features that came with the update are fine, network shows that I can have new GPRS connection. BUT NO TRIANGLE. Cingular (North Carolina) swears that I now have 'Wireless Internet Express for Data'. Can someone please help me? I read every thread about GPRS and still cannot understand why it is not working.
    It seems like that Handspring Treo DOES NOT work with Cingular's GPRS. I did the upgrade and I too did not see the triangle until I took out the SIM card, wait about 10 seconds, replaced it back, then I saw the triangle that everyone is talking about.

I thought I had a GPRS ready to go. So I called Cingular and switched my wireless plan from "Wireless Internet" to "Wireless Internet Express" (GPRS). Everytime I try to connect to the internet, I get an error: "The GPRS has failed or GPRS is not enabled on your account. If the problem persists, please call your service provider". I even tried the old way, wireless modem setup, but still the same error.

So I called Cingular again, explained them my error, and they confirmed that they won't have GPRS for the Handspring Treos' until December 2002. I was thinking to switched back to the plain "Wireless Internet" since GPRS doesn't work right now but I noticed I can connect now using wireless modem setup. I don't know if it's advisable to switch back to "Wireless Internet", please advise.
    Cingular in NC is working on there GPRS system. I didn't have a triangle all day yesterday until late last night. As of right now I don't have one either. I called Tech support yesterday and they told me that they are working on the system. Give it some time.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Nevermind, I just got my triangle back.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
    Wow... not officially releasing GPRS till Decemember... Man... I'm really regretting signing up for Cingular (PacBell)....
    Beside, it seems to be too expensive. $7 for 2MB. Must be more bargain before I jump.
    So basically it seems that GPRS (regardless of cost for a moment) is working nearly everywhere except for the region containing the headquarters of Handspring.
    According to Cingular, it's affecting the Treo's sold from handspring.com.. Cingular's GPRS is available in San Francisco area but Handspring (not Cingular) has to provide the official upgrade. I guess the ball is now on Handspring, when they release the official upgrade.
  9.    #9  
    Another hour of talking to Cingular tech support did not change anything: still no triangle. I guess I"ll try for another few days, if it doesn't work, I"ll go back to 'wireless internet' till both Cingular and Handspring figures out what they are doing.