1.    #1  
    I'm in San Francisco, CA. and I have just updated to GPRS (by following the "Unofficial Guide to GPRS") and everything went smoothly. At this point, I noticed that there was still no triangle icon by the signal strength. Then I called Cingular to switched my service: From "Wireless Internet" to "Wireless Internet Express". After maybe an hour, still nothing. So I popped out the SIM card and put it back in. All of a sudden a little triangle shape icon appeared between the signal strength and the battery. Is the triagle shape icon suppose to cover the signal strength icon? Did I select the wrong service?

So far I was exited about it. The next step I did was to setup the Network settings under Prefs. I typed in the following information below but I would get an error: The GPRS connection has failed or GPRS has not been enabled on your account . If the problem persists, please contact your service provider. (40CE)

Service: My Wireless Window (CSD)
    Connection: GPRS
    User Name: My Wireless Windows username
    Password: My Wireless Windows password
    APN: isp.cingular.com (even tried isp.cingular but same error)

Please help! Let me know if you know any fix(s) I can try.

Thanks - Robert
    See other threads in this section about Cingular in the Bay Area. It looks like it just wont work at the current time - many people have tried many different settings and no one has got it working (on the west coast).

I think we will have to wait until the official patch comes out...

-Justin
    I would suggest placing a call into Cingular. If enough of us call, maybe they will fix the problem!
  4.    #4  
    If it doesn't work in the Bay Area, should I call Cingular wireless to switch me back to "Wireless Internet" rather that "Wireless Internet Express" (GPRS).

Also, can I still go back and use the original (wireless or wireless modem) setup? I noticed that it's asking for a phone number to enter, before the GPRS upgrade it only asked for username and password. Any suggestions on this phone number I suppose to enter after the username and password?
    In reference to twentworth22 's post, I have called 3 times - Tech support is no help. They say "That phone does not have GPRS", after which I tell them that it does. They reply that they will not help with any phone that is not in thier database as having GPRS support.

Cingular is so horrible...I wish ATT would get moving and start selling GSM service in the SF Bay Area...

-Justin
  6.    #6  
    Any users that successful got Bay Area (San Francisco) GPRS connection for Cingular Wireless? If there is, can u let us know the settings your are using?

username: mywirelesswindow
    password: my wirelesswindow
    apn: