1.    #1  
    I have succfessfully updated my Treo 180g with the GPRS Update, however, since the update I am not able to connect to my dial up ISPs. I am more interested in this feature than in GPRS and therefore I would prefer to wait for Handspring to release the worlwide GPRS release (maybe this problem will be fixed by then).

Is it possible to revert back to the old version by running the Treo Update 1.0.? Will this pose any problems? Please advise.

Thanks,

Ricky
    I don't think you can revert to the original ROM.

Did you select "wireless dial-up" in your network preference? If you select GPRS, I don't think it will work.

After the upgrade on my Treo 270, I can do both normal dial-up and GPRS.

RGDS
    Eric Chow
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
  3.    #3  
    Yes, I have tried all options, but still cannot get dial up to work. Anyway, if the ROM is being flashed then why should there be a problem reverting back to the old version. I am not really literate as far as this stuff is concerned but logically it would make sense that it is possible.
    sorry if this sounds harsh but logically it yould make sense to wait until the official patch for your carrier is published.

Regarding going back: from what I read I think that not only the PDA ROM is being flashed and updated but also the radio unit. Jack/Flash only makes a backup of the PDA ROM. If you try to go back with Jack/Flash you end up with an old PDA ROM and an updated GSM ROM. This might be worse than leaving it the way it is.

As I said that's only a guess made from statements that I read somewhere else on this board. Anybody may feel free to correct me on this one. If your unit is screwed then you're screwed as well, I guess. You could buy yourself a new unit or hope that once Handspring releases the official patch you can fool them into believing that the problem was caused with the official update and get it refurbished. Or maybe the official update will fix your problem altogether, who knows.

Anyway, I wish you good luck and that everything will work out fine for you in the end.

anderas