1.    #1  
    Happy successful upgrade on Orange UK!
    The GPRS seems faster than using IR to connect Multimail Pro on Treo 270 to GPRS enabled T39.

Other fixes seem to include:

1. Speed Dial Voicemail now reads voicemail number on SIM correctly (Voicemail used to mis-dial numbers when I swapped one SIM from one network to the other).

2. Phone Info now reads the phone mobile number (it used to say information not available from SIM).

Just wish that there is a symbol to tell you when the phone is diverted!
    Just wish that there is a symbol to tell you when the phone is diverted!
    What does that mean?
    What does that mean?
    Many mobile phones display a small symbol when some types of call diversion (eg. divert all calls) are active.

I too would like to see this feature - I'm sure it could be incorporated into the signal strength bar.

Regards,
    David
    there is an icon called "SIM Service" (which has always been there even b4 the gprs patch), but it always says "SIM Service is not available" everytime i click on it.
    does any 270 user know what that icon is for?
    thanks.
    there is an icon called "SIM Service" (which has always been there even b4 the gprs patch), but it always says "SIM Service is not available" everytime i click on it.
    GSM SIM cards offer the potential for extensible SIM services (eg. banking and news). These services are used to provide simple phone menu access to external systems. To access these services you would use the Treo SIM Service program.

SIM Services are not heavily used because the model quickly falls apart when a customer wants SIM Services form multiple providers and/or other organisations.

Having said that the fact that the Treo supports this feature means it must be in use somewhere in the world!

Regards,
    David
    thanks very much David. i thought i had a software program.
    I have a Swisscom easy-roam pay-as-you-go SIM card for use in Europe when its cheaper than Voicestream (most of the time).

It uses SIM services to allow access to roaming pay-as-you-go, SMS and email as well as weather, news etc. Neat feature.
    Originally posted by davburns

SIM Services are not heavily used because the model quickly falls apart when a customer wants SIM Services form multiple providers and/or other organisations.

Having said that the fact that the Treo supports this feature means it must be in use somewhere in the world!

SIM Services is heavily used in most States of the European Union.
    For instance, when I travel to France, I automatically get services from Orange such as traffic news, weather reports, movie theatre times, etc.
    Same in the UK with Vodaphone.
    (In order to keep communication costs low, I always use a local SIM card with prepay plans)

Very useful.
    I wished it existed everywhere in ther world!
    One thing I'm a little disappointed in with the updater is the Call blocking or whatever it's called. It only has options for blocking all calls or international calls. Would have been nice if (like on my ol' nokia) it had an option to block calls from certain numbers, or ones with no caller ID.

I'm sure there's 3rd party software to do that though. I just havent been ambitious enough to look for it yet