1.    #1  
    The lure of the upgrade was too strong for me to resist and now I'm having some problems. I followed the instructions for upgrading (including the hard reset), and everything installed smoothly.

Now, however, about 30 seconds after turning wirelss mode on and finding the network, my 270 freezes and I have to do a soft reset. This happens no matter what I am doing: in the middle of a call, using another app, and while just sitting there on the phone screen. If I do not turn wireless on I have no problems.

I'm going to try re-installing the patch. Has anyone else encountered a similar issue?
    Uncheck "Connect to the data network whenever wireless mode is powered on." under preferences->Network->Preferences

And it doesn't really lock up. If you give it 5 minutes or so it will just time out.
    Steve Lineberry

Cingular GSM
    Treo 600
    Treo 270
  3.    #3  
    That did it. Thanks.
  4.    #4  
    hrm, actually it seems that i am still having the problem., even after making the change suggested above. reapplying the update doesn't seem to help, either. any other suggestions?
  5.    #5  
    well, i've tired several other things to no avail:

resetradio had no effect. i've also hard reset several times and reapplied the update with no luck. i also added gprs to my t-mobile account. here's some things i notice:

1) as long as i leave wireless off everything is ok
    2) when i turn wireless on it finds the network fine, and now that i added gprs to my account the little triangle appears shortly thereafter
    3) about 10-30 seconds later the phone freezes (even if i have connect to data network off)
    4) it stays that way no matter how long i wait. soft reset brings it back
    5) removing the sim also will bring it back.

does anyone have thoughts on other things i could try to bring it back (or alternatively remove the gprs update)?
    Same here.
    Freeze up in about 30 seconds every time.
    I've still got a pacbell sim card from my old phone. So figured I'd see what happened if I Inserted it into the phone. I'm working in Detroit this week and the phone picked up Rogers AT&T (windsor) and I'm able to place calls etc etc. The triangle doesn't show up but everything else works fine. So it might be that this is just more of a conflict with TMobile settings, which will hopefully get resolved when the Tmobile upgrade gets released. As opposed to some major blow out of the radio unit.
    I installed the GPRS Update. In Italy using the TIM
    operator. For 3 days all was perfect.... now my
    phone does not work anymore.

How can I go back to the previous version. There is
    something more than the hard reset?

Please let me know. My treo now is completly useless.

Any clue on when handspring will release the stable version?

ciao marco
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Exact same issues here - and I've swapped SIMs with my daughter to see if that had anything to do with it, but the Treo behaves the same regardless of the SIM - good news is that my SIM works fine in her phone too, so I can use it if I have to!

Need the old ROM from someone I guess. Can't find the files on Kazaa that supposedly were posted.

Oh well. I'm tempted to just buy another one, wait for the "official" launch and then fix this one with whatever flash update they have then and sell it on eBay <G>.

Danita

Originally posted by gilgamesh
    well, i've tired several other things to no avail:

resetradio had no effect. i've also hard reset several times and reapplied the update with no luck. i also added gprs to my t-mobile account. here's some things i notice:

1) as long as i leave wireless off everything is ok
    2) when i turn wireless on it finds the network fine, and now that i added gprs to my account the little triangle appears shortly thereafter
    3) about 10-30 seconds later the phone freezes (even if i have connect to data network off)
    4) it stays that way no matter how long i wait. soft reset brings it back
    5) removing the sim also will bring it back.

does anyone have thoughts on other things i could try to bring it back (or alternatively remove the gprs update)?
    So I had the same issue (as you'll see from posts above). I hunted around and talked to a guy on the 270 message board. He was super nice and helped me out. Seems like what he did was to apply a "clean" version of the ROM to my machine.

So in my case the phone is fine and the ill effects reversed. The patch must have conflicted with a setting or something. (Which seems reasonable given that our phones were freezing as the phone finished reading the SIM and setting up on the network.)
    Given that I'd assume that when Hspring releases the full patch applying it over the current one would solve the issue. Or try to find a clean ROM to apply.

(I think I have now officially learnt that I am no where near knowledgeable enough about this stuff to play around with crazy patches etc.)
    Global Posts
    296 Global Posts
    Originally posted by sdemw
    (I think I have now officially learnt that I am no where near knowledgeable enough about this stuff to play around with crazy patches etc.)
    I do a lot of beta testing, so I knew that I was in murky water by just trying it, but I wanted to anyway <g>.

MNSTR is a wonderful man! I'm back up and running. I'm sure I owe him a case of SOME beverage of his choice now.

Danita