1.    #1  
    I have successfully installed the GPRS update, however, I am not able to connect to my dial up ISP (not GPRS) anymore. I now get the "Connection timed out. Please try again (0x1231)" error. This never happened before the update.

I have noticed that in the network preferences, the connection popup menu now has an option for "wireless dial-up". I tried this setting instead of the original "wireless modem" setting but this doesn't seem to help.

Anybody know what the problem might be?

Thanks,

Ricky
  2.    #2  
    Could somebody please give me some suggestions as to how I can resolve this problem.

Thanks
  3.    #3  
    When I check the Network Log when trying to dial to my ISP after the GPRS Update (note: I am trying to connect to my dialup ISP and not GPRS), the following displays:

"Connect Log

LCP->CfgReq
    LCP->CfgReq
    LCP->CfgReq
    LCP->CfgReq
    LCP->CfgReq
    LCP->CfgReq
    LCP->CfgReq
    LCP->CfgReq
    LCP Timeout

Not Connected"

Any Clues as to what this means?
    I do not really know what is your problem, cause I do not have any problem with the Dial-up after applying the GPRS patch...

Maybe you need to Soft reset your device and try again.... and Recheck the Setting for your ISP...

I remmember I face this problem before applying the GPRS patch... and I fix it by Hard Reset the Treo....

Best regards ,,,
    I am using VS/Tmobile. I had same problem at first. I made sure to turn off the option for "connect to data services when wireless mode is on" in Network preferences. Then, i made sure to add a "+" and a "1" to my dialup ISP number. Ex: +19722353493

That seemed to do the trick. My Dialup ISP now works. I was getting the same errors you were getting. When connected to the circuit switched data in this way, the signal indicator has 2 arrows (1 left and 1 right). You will know the difference.

Hope this helps for you.
    Unfortunately, this didn't help me. I HAVEN'T installed the upgrade, and, like others, am having timeout problems when I dialup the Connecticut number to Voicestream ISDN. I'm calling from the Albany area.

I get to the "signing on" window, then I timeout.

This problem seems new--since the GPRS update was released. Like I said, I never installed that upgrade. Is it possible that Voicestream/TMobile changed something on their end?
    Originally posted by pbryon
    Unfortunately, this didn't help me. I HAVEN'T installed the upgrade, and, like others, am having timeout problems when I dialup the Connecticut number to Voicestream ISDN. I'm calling from the Albany area.

I get to the "signing on" window, then I timeout.

This problem seems new--since the GPRS update was released. Like I said, I never installed that upgrade. Is it possible that Voicestream/TMobile changed something on their end?
    Whatever it is, it has nothing to do with the GPRS patch. T-Mobile hasn't done anything with regards to the patch. They don't support it and therefore there is no reason why they would have changed anything. To them, things are the same as they were a month ago. You should look to other culprits, not this red herring.
  8.    #8  
    Thank for the advice, but I am still facing this problem. I never had any problem before the GPRS update. I am still not able to dial up to my ISP even after a hard reset with nothing installed on the treo.

Any more suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Regards,

Ricky
    I am having a similar problem. My dialup ISP connection simply shows the connecting dialogue - then freezes. If I look in the log, I see only - 'not connected'

Any ideas????