Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    T-Mobile now offers unlimitted nights for $6.99 a month.
    do u have a link? I can't get to the t-mobile plans page.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    is this nationwide or just for certain states?
    t-mobile.com/voicestream.com's "plans" pages don't appear to be working for me...

any details you could share would be great

---------------------------
    Just found this page

http://www.t-mobile.com/info/opt_services/nights/
    I finally got the page to load on t-mobile.com. I think this is nationwide. Under the "add-on" section it had unlimited nights for $6.99 i could select.
    It's unlimited nights for $6.99 additional a month for all nationwide plans only ... and maybe family plans.

Just call t-mobile csr's and ask to add nights.
  7.    #7  
    Originally posted by MitzEclipse
    It's unlimited nights for $6.99 additional a month for all nationwide plans only ... and maybe family plans.

Just call t-mobile csr's and ask to add nights.
    The fine print:

Add Unlimited nighttime calling to your plan for just $6.99 per month.

Includes Free Long Distance and Roaming nationwide.

Ideal for those who use their phones frequently at night.

Available for new activations on nationwide, unlimited weekend rate plans $39.99, $59.99 or $99.99.

Available for current customers on nationwide, unlimited weekend rate plans $39.99, $59.99 or $99.99.

Nights run from 9:00 pm to 6:59 am Monday through Friday.

Rate plans not eligible: FamilyTime, Enterprise Pooling, and neighborhood/regional.
    With T-Mobile, do unlimited nites mean unlimited data calls at nite too? i know with voicestream data calls on the weekends counted as peak....
    thanks
    Originally posted by bigdaddyajay
    With T-Mobile, do unlimited nites mean unlimited data calls at nite too? i know with voicestream data calls on the weekends counted as peak....
    thanks
    Unlimited nights and unlimited weekends means FREE CSD connection data calls.

However, there is NO peak/off peak GPRS data calls - it's always one price.

Thus, at nights and on the weekends, I *ONLY* use CSD so that I can conserve my allotted KB's via GPRS. During PEAK time, I utilize GPRS because it's faster and I'm able to surf via WAP at peak times.
  10.    #10  
    Originally posted by bigdaddyajay
    thanks
    Data calls on weekends are not counted as peak. They are normal phone calls. This only goes for CSD and not GPRS, though. So if you dialup through an ISP you can be on for free during the weekend. It was this way when they were calling themselves Voicestream as well.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Data calls on weekends are not counted as peak. They are normal phone calls. This only goes for CSD and not GPRS, though. So if you dialup through an ISP you can be on for free during the weekend. It was this way when they were calling themselves Voicestream as well.
    This might be true for you and other people in other parts of the world or the US, but I can assure you that for some of us, CSD calls are billed as "Anytime" minutes, even on the weekend. If I make a 20 minute CSD connection on my Treo on a saturday, those 20 minutes will be taken out of my "plan" minutes. If I go over my allotted plan minutes for the month, any CSD calls I make will be billed at .40 per minute, weekends or otherwise.

It has been my experience that those who believe their CSD calls are free on weekends usually have service agreements that include a very large amount of "voice" minutes, and they just don't ever get charged for the CSD calls because they've never used up all their minutes and then made more CSD calls (or voice calls during the week).

According to Voicestream/T-Mobile, the only way to use weekend minuted (unlimited or otherwise) is if you pay an additional $10 per month for the priveledge of doing so. If you're not paying that $10, then it's a safe bet that your CSD calls are being taken out of your plan "bucket" of minutes.

Again, it's possible that there are local service plans that are different, but I doubt it. We went through all this a long time ago on the 180 board shortly after the 180 came out. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I want to make sure people know that what might be true for you is not necessarily true for everyone. The best way to find out (without finding out the hard way with a large bill like I did) is to call up T-mobile and ask.

Thanks!
    -Greg
    Seattle Palm Users Group!
    http://www.seapug.com/
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by GregGaub

This might be true for you and other people in other parts of the world or the US, but I can assure you that for some of us, CSD calls are billed as "Anytime" minutes, even on the weekend. If I make a 20 minute CSD connection on my Treo on a saturday, those 20 minutes will be taken out of my "plan" minutes. If I go over my allotted plan minutes for the month, any CSD calls I make will be billed at .40 per minute, weekends or otherwise.

It has been my experience that those who believe their CSD calls are free on weekends usually have service agreements that include a very large amount of "voice" minutes, and they just don't ever get charged for the CSD calls because they've never used up all their minutes and then made more CSD calls (or voice calls during the week).

According to Voicestream/T-Mobile, the only way to use weekend minuted (unlimited or otherwise) is if you pay an additional $10 per month for the priveledge of doing so. If you're not paying that $10, then it's a safe bet that your CSD calls are being taken out of your plan "bucket" of minutes.

Again, it's possible that there are local service plans that are different, but I doubt it. We went through all this a long time ago on the 180 board shortly after the 180 came out. I'm not saying you're wrong, but I want to make sure people know that what might be true for you is not necessarily true for everyone. The best way to find out (without finding out the hard way with a large bill like I did) is to call up T-mobile and ask.

Thanks!
    -Greg
    The problem is that originally they were signing people up this way, and it was a mistake. My first month I had a bill for over a hundred bucks because they were taking my weekend data calls from my anytime minutes and thus charging me 35cents per minute after the original bucket. I called them up to complain. They creditted me for all those calls and then changed the way my account was set up. I've not had the problem since. If you are being charged that way, call them up, and they will fix it. At least they did for me.
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts

Thanks!
    -Greg
    Not sure where you're getting your info from, but at least here in Boston, that's not the case. I regularly go over my allotment of voice minutes and don't get charged for weekend CSD minutes. In fact, soon after this originally came up on these boards some months ago, I talked with my Voicestream rep and verified that this is indeed the case. Free weekends are free for both voice and CSD. At least that's the way it is here in Boston.
    Trust me, I felt like I was going to go blue in the face while talking to these people. It took me quite a while to get a big bill knocked down to normal price after I actually used my Treo. It's conceivable that this policy has changed since they went to T-Mobile, but I doubt it. They were already in that process in August when I used over 200 minutes on a 60 minute plan. I had a $70 phone bill because of that, all because of a few long data calls. Everthing after that was billed at .40 a minute, including weekend CSD calls.

Anyway, like I said, it appears to be a regional thing for a lot of people. And apparently, in my region (Pacific Northwest), CSD calls are billed as anytime minutes no matter what.

I WISH my service was like yours. I'd use my Treo a helluva lot more for data calls on weekends if that were the case.

Out of curiosity, what plan are you on?

-Greg
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    I'm on the GetMore 600 minute plan. Was 500, but I asked them to give me the 600 when they changed the base minutes to 600. I also have the 5MB GPRS plan for the last month, but that's irrelevant to this discussion.

Too bad. I guess it must be a regional thing.
    It could also be the plan. I was on the Nationwide Basic plan (60 anytime, 200 weekend, and 50 incoming SMS) when I first ran into this issue.
    Now I'm on the Talk and Text plan (200 anytime, unlimited weekends, and 500 SMS). I'm fairly certain that weekend CSD calls are still taken out of my anytime minutes, but I didn't specifically ask this time around.

It's entirely possible that on the high-end plans like yours that the $10 feature I mentioned before that lets you use weekend minuted for CSD calls is included in the service. I didn't check the prices, but I'm guessing you're paying over $50 a month for that plan, while I'm only paying $30 for mine.

If anyone can find an official, definitive answer for which plans and/or which areas of the country include free weekend CSD calls, I'd love to see it. Until then, Cell Plan Tracker is my best friend. ;-)

Thanks!
    -Greg
    Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    You may be right. If so, I would look into the GetMore Plus plan. It $39.95, has 600 voice minutes and free weekends. It's only $10/mo. more than Talk&Text. If you could verify that the free weekends include CSD minutes it would be worth it.

That's my basic plan. I did add the $19.95/mo GPRS 5MB plan to try out GPRS, but your probably better off sticking with the CSD. GPRS is nice, but it's not THAT much faster than CSD. The only advantage that I can really see for it is the always-on connectivity. I may not stick with it if they don't come up with a reasonable GPRS rate plan soon.
  18.    #18  
    Greg, I didn't realize you had the basic basic plan. The TOS are different for that beast. When I had my problem (which was solved) I was on the plan you're on. So it should be all set now. Just keep checking your minutes used by dialing 611. Tomorrow, make a 10 minute data call, and then check your minutes and record the anytime minutes used. Then on sunday (when the 10 minute call will be reflected in the little computerized voice) check again. That should let you know.
    Originally posted by KRamsauer
    Tomorrow, make a 10 minute data call, and then check your minutes and record the anytime minutes used. Then on sunday (when the 10 minute call will be reflected in the little computerized voice) check again. That should let you know.
    Good idea. I'll give that a try.
    So, you think the Talk and Text plan should have free weekend CSD calls?

Thanks!
    -Greg
  20.    #20  

Good idea. I'll give that a try.
    So, you think the Talk and Text plan should have free weekend CSD calls?

Thanks!
    -Greg
    That's the way it was with me, at least after I called and complained about the $60 on my bill that shouldn't have been there.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast