1.    #1  
    i have gprs instaled blazer is working fine but when i connect to aol it is dialing in. if i try to connect via blazer i get the sign in screen but the message comes up no data. any ideas
    fred
    Originally posted by fkpalm
    i have gprs instaled blazer is working fine but when i connect to aol it is dialing in. if i try to connect via blazer i get the sign in screen but the message comes up no data. any ideas
    fred
    AOL Instant messanger works fine on with AT&T GPRS.
    I have the same question regarding AOL access using a GPRS connection with Sprint PCS Vision. I have the unlimited plan and was curious to know if the AOL software still requires dial-up to access mail & AIM content. Anyone?
    You guys are probably using v2.0 of AOL. the newest version 3.0 allows you to connect via another ISP. This way you don't have to use an AOL dial up number. Unfortunately it is no longer free but works great if you're on a gprs / sprint always on connection!
    Thanks for the reply!

Just curious about the benefits of using another ISP to dial up. I guess you save on the AOL surcharge by not using their numbers. But If you still require a dial-up account, then it will be charged against your PCS voice minutes, right? Also, will Sprint charge additional fees for making a data call?

I was hoping to connect using the unlimted vision data and not my voice minutes.
    Originally posted by Jay21
    Thanks for the reply!

Just curious about the benefits of using another ISP to dial up. I guess you save on the AOL surcharge by not using their numbers. But If you still require a dial-up account, then it will be charged against your PCS voice minutes, right? Also, will Sprint charge additional fees for making a data call?

I was hoping to connect using the unlimted vision data and not my voice minutes.
    This is where you will benefit from using AOL v3.0 because you can set the app to use "another ISP" to connect to the AOL content and in your case it will be your SPrint data plan which you have unlimited data. If you use the dial up connection method for AOL, Sprint is gonna charge you .35 cents a minute for the data dial up call!
    Great, THANKS again!