1.    #1  
    Orange : OK, but couldn't use it as Orange GPRS is buggy in my area. Will check again on Thursday, when I'll be in Paris. Possible problems, because Orange has closed almost all IP ports on their GPRS (tell me why ?).

SFR : OK, up and running, everything fine with the Treo

Bouygues Telecom : Seems to be OK but I will check again soon.
    Interesting...What GPRS settings are you using for Orange and SFR? Do you know if they'd work with pre-paid access cards (Mobicarte, etc.)?

I have a hard time translating the Orange and SFR websites...

Merci! :-)
  3.    #3  
    For Orange : APN = orange-mib

For SFR : APN = websfr

For Bouygues Telecom : APN = a2bouygtel.com or b2bouygtel.com
    Merci pour l'information -

What about other settings, like:

username
    password
    DNS servers

...assuming the username/password is not individualized.
    Salut, french users
    your experience may be very useful on a french-speaking forum.
    If you don't know it yet, there's a french community of Treo users here
    You will help many of us (especially those who doesn't speak english) if you post there.
    Thanks
    TreoBuddy
    TreoFrance , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo
    Wahoo !
    Ca c'est de la pub !
    Hacking FreeMax
    <I><a href="http://groups.msn.com/TreoFrance">TreoFrance</a> , la première communauté francophone entièrement dédiée au Treo</i>
    I appreciate the existence of a French site but as a new arrival to France who is still struggling with masculine versus feminine nouns and verb conjugations - j'habite versus vous habitez versus nous habitons for example - please continue to post in Engish as well.

I have an SFR account. I assume the GPRS patch is loaded as per the workaround instructions and preferences are set as described for SFR.

Before I take the plunge - am I missing anything?

Merci.

A bientot.
    I appreciate the existence of a French site but as a new arrival to France who is still struggling with masculine versus feminine nouns and verb conjugations - j'habite versus vous habitez versus nous habitons for example - please continue to post in Engish as well.

I have an SFR account. I assume the GPRS patch is loaded as per the workaround instructions and preferences are set as described for SFR.

Before I take the plunge - am I missing anything?

Merci.

A bientot.
    Super si ça marche avec SFR!
    J'hésitais encore un peu en attendant l'activation de mon abo GPRS, mais dès que je reçois ma nouvelle carte sim compatible, je plonge!
    Alright everyone, back to the original question! :-)

For SFR and Orange,what are the other settings, like:

username
    password
    DNS servers

Thanks...
  11.    #11  
    I couldn't have my Treo with GPRS upgrade connecting correctly through Orange France.

I suspect a problem with booster.orange.fr, the proxy-accelerator that has been set up by Orange France.

If you are aware of a configuration which works, please let me know !!!
    So it's been a year, and it's time to go back to France and try (again!) to get GPRS up and running with Orange.

So, how does it work these days, especially with the new firmware since last year? Are settings done automatically when you put in an Orange SIM card in the phone? Do setting have to be created manually? If so, what are the settings?

APN
    Username
    Password
    DNS Servers

I noticed information on Orange France's website about GPRS, but none of my web-translations services were very helpful.

Also, what about other French providers?

Help!

Merci :-)
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I was just over there a few months ago. While there, I discovered that GPRS was not available to T-Mobile USA customers. (no roaming agreement had been set up yet) Also, GPRS was set for WAP only. IE, the only port open was 9201. Still, if you have a proxy server running on port 9201 and point blazer to it, you can browse with a Treo just fine. This can be done in the USA when you are on T-zones WAP and want to use the Treo or a phone as a wireless modem to a laptop.
    Originally posted by z3bum
    I was just over there a few months ago. While there, I discovered that GPRS was not available to T-Mobile USA customers. (no roaming agreement had been set up yet) Also, GPRS was set for WAP only. IE, the only port open was 9201. Still, if you have a proxy server running on port 9201 and point blazer to it, you can browse with a Treo just fine. This can be done in the USA when you are on T-zones WAP and want to use the Treo or a phone as a wireless modem to a laptop.
    Sorry, but this is not accurate. I am a T-Mobile USA user. I was in France in June and used my GPRS connection over Orange all the time. I was able to access my email using SnapperMail and easily browsed all web sites with Blazer. I did not have to reconfigure anything, my Treo automatically connected. The only "problem" was that I had to make sure that I connected to Orange, which DOES have an agreement with T-Mobile. On the downside, GPRS roaming is pretty expensive.
    The settings are

APN: orange.fr
    Username: orange
    Password: orange
    DNS Servers: 192.168.10.100

Can't test it for you because I'm with SFR. In case of any problems, I recommend you just walk into an Orange shop and ask for assistance. Especially around the Champs Elysees they will speak enough English to help you out. Plus with a bit of luck they've heard already about the upcoming 600 and will have a bit of extra interest in helping somebody with a 270...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mol
    The settings are

APN: orange.fr
    Username: orange
    Password: orange
    DNS Servers: 192.168.10.100

Can't test it for you because I'm with SFR. In case of any problems, I recommend you just walk into an Orange shop and ask for assistance. Especially around the Champs Elysees they will speak enough English to help you out. Plus with a bit of luck they've heard already about the upcoming 600 and will have a bit of extra interest in helping somebody with a 270...
    Chere Mol
    Hier j'ai acheté mon Treo 600 a SFR.
    Vou pouvez m'aider quelles son les preferences (Preferences/Network) in english) pour l'acess à la WEB (pardon pour mon français…)
    Merci bien
    Quote Originally Posted by MacTreoAlbb
    Chere Mol
    Hier j'ai acheté mon Treo 600 a SFR.
    Vou pouvez m'aider quelles son les preferences (Preferences/Network) in english) pour l'acess à la WEB (pardon pour mon français…)
    Merci bien
    Rough translation for the rest of the group:

Dear Mol,
    Yesterday, I purchased my Treo 600 with SFR.
    Would you help me with the preferences (Preferences/Network) in english) to access the WEB (excuse me for my french).

Thanks alot
    Hi all,
    I'll be in France and Spain soon , and would like to use my treo to connect to web. If I buy a SFR Sim card, could I use my treo as a wireless modem ? Also, for here in the US, can anybody direct me to a page where I could find step by step instructions on how to use my Cingular Treo 600 as a wireless modem for my Powerbook G4 (10.3.5) ? I bought the wirelessmodem software, but there are no instructions for Cingular, what's the string ? Phone number to dial, settings, what about modem scripts ? do i need one, which one, where ? Has anybody succeeded to make this work ?
    Aany help appreciated , Thank you