Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    I saw a dealer bulletin today that said that Rogers AT&T (Canada) will officially launch the GPRS patch for the Treo on Sept 10. The patch will be available for download on their website at http://www.rogers.ca/treo

    Finally! I am counting the days/hours.
  2. #2  
    Originally posted by jproudfo
    I saw a dealer bulletin today that said that Rogers AT&T (Canada) will officially launch the GPRS patch for the Treo on Sept 10. The patch will be available for download on their website at http://www.rogers.ca/treo

    Finally! I am counting the days/hours.
    Sweet. Hopefully Rogers hasn't screwed with it or had Handspring change anything. Ya know how Rogers likes to lock everything down.
  3. #3  
    I have a feeling that you are going to be disappointed.

    Originally posted by Appleman


    Sweet. Hopefully Rogers hasn't screwed with it or had Handspring change anything. Ya know how Rogers likes to lock everything down.
  4. #4  
    Originally posted by yardie
    I have a feeling that you are going to be disappointed.

    I agree. What really upsets me is that I called various people at Rogers and Handspring and noone admits to this "so-called" Sept. 10th launch for Rogers. I mean, come on, if it's in a week shouldn't or couldn't they admit to something!!!! It's crazy already.
  5. #5  
    WOW i am running in GPRS with Rogers Cantel in Montreal.
    Yes the Gprs update works perfectly with Cantel,i did not have to change the carrier at all .you will need some info on the connection to make the default one does not connect.now a will play with it .
    Marc-Andre
  6. #6  
    Originally posted by prospects
    WOW i am running in GPRS with Rogers Cantel in Montreal.
    Yes the Gprs update works perfectly with Cantel,i did not have to change the carrier at all .you will need some info on the connection to make the default one does not connect.now a will play with it .
    Marc-Andre

    Is it worth taking the risk and installing the patch before it's officially released? How do I set it up if I decide to install it?
  7. jimd's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    #7  
    Originally posted by prospects
    WOW i am running in GPRS with Rogers Cantel in Montreal.
    Yes the Gprs update works perfectly with Cantel,i did not have to change the carrier at all .you will need some info on the connection to make the default one does not connect.now a will play with it .
    Marc-Andre
    So what info do I need to make the connection?
  8. #8  
    in the network make a new connection since the one from Rogers is lock.
    -username -wapuser1
    -password - wap
    -APN - goam.com

    That's it and sorry for my english in french.
    i am not able to open web page yet or e-mail, i think i have to workaround Blazer somehow i will try to find tonight. good luck
  9. #9  
    Originally posted by prospects
    in the network make a new connection since the one from Rogers is lock.
    -username -wapuser1
    -password - wap
    -APN - goam.com

    That's it and sorry for my english in french.
    i am not able to open web page yet or e-mail, i think i have to workaround Blazer somehow i will try to find tonight. good luck
    Is it not worth waiting a week for the official release from Rogers (assuming it is a week)?
  10. #10  
    You know what ?
    I was scared to try the patch first,then i said let's try it . i was ready to change the carrier and everything. But it recognise Rogers and it work perfectly for me. no problem at all it seem like it is the same patch and HS dont want to release it at the same time
  11. jimd's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    #11  
    Originally posted by prospects
    in the network make a new connection since the one from Rogers is lock.
    -username -wapuser1
    -password - wap
    -APN - goam.com

    That's it and sorry for my english in french.
    i am not able to open web page yet or e-mail, i think i have to workaround Blazer somehow i will try to find tonight. good luck
    Thanks.... I was also given an IP address of 208.200.067.150, port 9203 that I think might be a proxy, but I haven't been able to connect to it yet with Blazer. Sigh.....
  12. #12  
    jimd,

    did you get Blazer to work on Rogers AT&T? If yes, how?
  13. #13  
    for myself i cant get any aplication to work with the gprs in Montreal
  14. jimd's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    #14  
    Originally posted by Kanuck
    jimd,

    did you get Blazer to work on Rogers AT&T? If yes, how?
    Nope, I never got it to work. I guess we'll have to wait for the official package to be released on October 10.
  15. jayc's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #15  
    Hi've talked to the guys at Rogers and here's the scoop:
    to use GPRS on non-WAP phones, you can't use their "My mobile homepage".
    You have to use the Wireless data plan that are sold with Portage Plus, i.e. starting at $30 for 5MB or $50 for unlimited access. That's starting to get quite expensive....

    And the settings are
    APN: internet.com
    username: wapuser1
    password: wap
    auto IP and DNS

    Not the difference with WAP phones where the APN is goam.com
  16. #16  
    To get around paying for a Data Access Plan, you can do the following:

    Have MyMobile activated.
    Have the internet.com APN activated.
    Have Portage Plus activated.

    I only pay the $5/month for the 150KB mobile internet plan. All the other stuff is just activated. To warn you though I had to go through quite a bit to do this, as the CSRs were very hard to deal with. It took about an hour of getting transferred around. I had to keep pushing.

    Here is what my services look like when I log into my account on the customer service site:
    Attached Images Attached Images
  17. jayc's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    #17  
    I want to use the treo as a GRPS modem for my laptop as well as using it in standalone, so I went for the unlimited :-)
    But I agree, for those who don't want to use a lot of volume, it's certainly worth having only to pay the $5.

    But it just works like a charm, using the built-in Internet network setting as well as my very own (using the pararameters I wrote before)

    This is just great !
    (now I'll see what speed I get)
  18. #18  
    Yes!!! now i called portage data group and then activated my APN over the air. now i am using blazer and aileron perfectly. Fantastic
  19. #19  
    Originally posted by Appleman
    To get around paying for a Data Access Plan, you can do the following:

    Have MyMobile activated.
    Have the internet.com APN activated.
    Have Portage Plus activated.

    I only pay the $5/month for the 150KB mobile internet plan.
    $5/month for 150KB?? Is this supposed to be a good deal? This could all be sucked up by a few web sites. Just as a reference point, I used 0.8MB on my first day with GPRS
  20. #20  
    I never thought this day would come. Am posting this from my Treo on Rogers network. Sweet.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions