1. tbd
    has anyone installed the patch for use with T-D1 in Germany?
    I haven't tried it yet, because I need my phone to work.

Have you tried the GPRS-Patch already?

I've had my treo since April, and hearing that the worldwide version will be ready in about 8 weeks really annoyes me.

By that time it will be completely outdated.
    Yes, I tried it and it just works perfectly. I use a Treo 270 and T-Mobile Germany (T-Mobile D).

During the setup process (which is available in German) you will be asked about username and password for your GPRS provider. I don't know if this was necessary or not, however it choosed:

Username: t-d1
    Password: t-d1

Shortly after turning the wireless mode on, the display shows a little GPRS sign. If you try to connect to the internet, it does everything automatically. There are no problems also with Blazer (like writte in upgrade article on this site). You don't need to change the proxy settings.

A friend of mine tried the upgrade a few days ago as well. However it failed and the Treo needed be exchangend. Probably a reason why it failed was the installation of JackFlash before. I also suggest to do a hardreset before you installing the upgrade.

However, Treo and GPRS is just an awesome combination... (Its only the second day I have this device and it rocks with GPRS!)

-markus
    thanks for your post.

There is only one more thing I'd like to know.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by spieri

A friend of mine tried the upgrade a few days ago as well. However it failed and the Treo needed be exchangend. Probably a reason why it failed was the installation of JackFlash before. I also suggest to do a hardreset before you installing the upgrade.

QUOTE]

How did your friend get his treo exchanged ?
    Did handspring give him a new one,
    or his dealer?

Thanks

hans
    Hi I live here in Kaiserslatern, Germany and I'm glad it works with D-1 which is my cell phone carrier. I'm guessing it will work with D-2 also. My wife has the Treo 270 as well as I do but she uses D-2. I wanted to install GPRS now but she asked me to wait so I'll wait. But it's good to hear it working well for others around the world. I'ts also good to know there are so many people who have a Treo. A year and a half ago when I was looking for a product like this I stumble upon the Kyocera smartphone. I't was what I was looking for but it wasn't a worldwide phone. Being in the military I travel a lot. I had a question for others in Germany. Those who have a Treo and haven't installed GPRS but using dial-up what ISP do who use. I use one where I don't need a contract with the ISP. Me and my wife use Freenet.de which enables us to use a non contract sim card and log on to the internet with using wireless cell phone calling cards. For anyone who doesn't want to spend to much money you should use Freenet.de so you don't want to get on the internet everytime you look at your Treo. The password is mobile and phone# is 22243 and enter user name as Freenet and the service is Freenet.de mobil. I started out using a non contracted sim card before I just started using a contracted sim card thru D-1 were I pay 5 euro a month. Very basic plan. This way I keep both sim cards and use the contracted card only for emergencies( calling ADAC).
    May the lord bless you and Heaven smile upon you.
    Check out this site also for great discussions on all pdaphones.
    www.pdaphonehome.com
    What is the SMS Email center number. D-1 tells me it is 80000, but it still doesn't work. Are you able to send emails thru your sms? If so how.
    May the lord bless you and Heaven smile upon you.
    Check out this site also for great discussions on all pdaphones.
    www.pdaphonehome.com
    Hi everybody,

here is a short description with screenshots about GPRS update with a German Treo:

http://pdassi.de/shownews.php?news_id=570

Regards,
    Markus

How did your friend get his treo exchanged ?
    Did handspring give him a new one,
    or his dealer?

Thanks

hans
    Hi Hans,

so far I know did Handspring replace the unit. However I don't know if he told that the Treo froze because of the GPRS upgrade.

He got a new Treo and executed the GPRS upgrade using O2 (formerly Viag Interkom) as the provider. The upgrade did work without any problems and the Treo (270) is now GPRS enabled as well.

-markus
    Originally posted by spieri
    Hi everybody,

here is a short description with screenshots about GPRS update with a German Treo:

http://pdassi.de/shownews.php?news_id=570

Regards,
    Markus
    Thanks a lot.
    I did the upgrade.
    It works just fine now, with the occassional fatal exception.
    Apparently some software won't run on the new system.
    I had used the "Today Screen", a Freeware Extension that mimics the "Today"-Feature on Pocket-Pcs and mapped it to the Rocker-Switch.
    After removing it, the treo worked well.
    Same with some other small software packages.
    Originally posted by blume2000

I had used the "Today Screen", a Freeware Extension that mimics the "Today"-Feature on Pocket-Pcs and mapped it to the Rocker-Switch.
    After removing it, the treo worked well.
    Same with some other small software packages.
    Try Wassup (). It does the same as Today but much better and works fine with the Treo. Especially the new version 1.3 supports Treo SMS messages.