Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've tried loading the GPRS patch as everyone else has, but when it got to the Flash updater it's froze but says to NOT reset the device.
    What should I do? Any thoughts? This really sucks....
    The only thing that you CAN do at this point is a SOFT RESET. Good Luck.

Originally posted by dbrunetti
    I've tried loading the GPRS patch as everyone else has, but when it got to the Flash updater it's froze but says to NOT reset the device.
    What should I do? Any thoughts? This really sucks....
  3.    #3  
    Everything thing works but wireless won't turn on. I've basically got a $700 Treo 90 now. Called Hand - they could give two ****s.
    Everything thing works but wireless won't turn on. I've basically got a $700 Treo 90 now. Called Hand - they could give two ****s.
    That's definitely why I think I'm going to wait.
    Man,

Sorry to hear that you got burnt. The warning attached to the instructions were there for a reason.

Jack Flash lets you flash your ROM. Did you back up your ROM? Perhaps Jack Flash will let you restore it.
    I don't know much about Jack Flash, but perhaps someone who does could email you the clean ROM backup image of a Treo (a pre-GPRS ROM image of a Treo that just received a hard reset)?
    mine is also worthless now that fu*king Hot sync hangup and now it says that the update did fail and I schould go to my Servicepartner that is not what I expacted. I have waited for this so long and now I have a 900EUR PALM

cu orangebutton
    Slower than my NR70 was but i love my Treo 270......
  9.    #9  
    I would love if someone could provide me with a back-up rom and way to restore it. Someone let me know - you would make make my weekend much happier than it's been.

Thanks.
    For those of you that had the software updater hangup, Did you hard reset the unit BEFORE you ran the update? As an extre pre-caution, I thik folks should hard reset their unit before they try to install the update. Perform a hotsync to backup, hard reset unit, run executable file.
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I did backup my ROM with Jacksprat. My Treo 180 would lockup after a minute or two. I restored my ROM and lost the telephone. It just looks for the wireless network, cannot find it and turns off
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by emajy
    I did backup my ROM with Jacksprat. My Treo 180 would lockup after a minute or two. I restored my ROM and lost the telephone. It just looks for the wireless network, cannot find it and turns off
    Same here on a 270
    So I guess the warning was accurate when it say that the updater could damage the unit's radio. I thought it was just scaremongering. Glad my update went smoothly.
    This "can't find network" problem sounds like a problem that was solved by radioreset. See

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...ht=radio+reset

and for clean ROM:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...threadid=26515
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    Files for resetting the radio are no longer at the site. Any other site form which to get them?
    Thanks
    Originally posted by yardie
    For those of you that had the software updater hangup, Did you hard reset the unit BEFORE you ran the update? As an extre pre-caution, I thik folks should hard reset their unit before they try to install the update. Perform a hotsync to backup, hard reset unit, run executable file.
    I second that! Everyone should do a hard reset just before intalling the update. I urge Marcus to add this to the instructions in the main topics.

I think I lucked out... I had turned off all the hacks as the instructions say, but I had forgotten about Treo Tools, which was set to turn on the phone after a soft reset. Just after the reset that starts the FLASH upgrade process, I heard the sound indicating the phone was being turned on!! I thought my unit was gone! But luckily this had no effect and the upgrade worked. A hard reset would get rid of all those possibilities.
    I added the Hard Reset instructions to the news item. Hopefully we can find these radio reset files and offer instructions for people whose radio's have become disabled.
    here are the files and the instructions. Good luck with your treos.
    Don't forget to disable txt extension. There are 3 files in one winrar archive.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Here is what was there. You could separately email Handspring -- perhaps there is a newer version?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    there are 3 files in the rar archive (the ones I received from Handspring when my 180 got a phone problem).
    Must say that te patch never worked for me. I received a new Treo.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast