Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't see how to add multiple attachments to one message, so here is the info.txt (in this message) as well as the other needed file.

Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 11:53 AM

Dear , Mr. ___:

Thank you for your cooperation in the issue you are currently facing, I understand you cannot log onto your carrier network and you do not even see the handspring logo "flip" on the Treo while doing a network search.

I have attached herewith two .prc files to be installed on your Treo. Please follow the directions listed below :-

Directions:

1) Hotsync Serial driver and Reset radio PRC's to device
    2) Perform a soft reset
    3) Turn ON wireless mode (Network search should freeze, no flip_
    4) Locate Reset Radio app and launch Reset Radio app
    5) Wait 5 seconds
    6) Switch back to Phone app
    7) Turn on Wireless mode and see if Flip appears

And you should be successful in logging on to your network. However I will greatly appreciate your feedback after you have tried these solution. Also please note kindly do not distribute this files to anyone.

Please call us at 716-871-6448 and mention the case number listed in the subject and any agent you speak to and they will be able to walk you through any other issues you may have

And just in case if the application did not work and you still face the problem I will be able to replace the Treo for you.

Thank You
    Nelson.
    Handspring Technical Support.
    <<ResetRadio.prc>> <<SdrvDirectRadioLib.prc>>
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    tried the radio reset patch. Unfortuantely it did not work.
    Originally posted by Preston
    Here is what was there. You could separately email Handspring -- perhaps there is a newer version?
    Pretson,

Is your Treo a 180 or a 270?

Thanks.
  4.    #24  
    Tried it - no dice. Thanks though.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Handspring isn't helping.

Originally posted by Preston
    I don't see how to add multiple attachments to one message, so here is the info.txt (in this message) as well as the other needed file.

Sent: Monday, May 20, 2002 11:53 AM

Dear , Mr. ___:

Thank you for your cooperation in the issue you are currently facing, I understand you cannot log onto your carrier network and you do not even see the handspring logo "flip" on the Treo while doing a network search.

I have attached herewith two .prc files to be installed on your Treo. Please follow the directions listed below :-

Directions:

1) Hotsync Serial driver and Reset radio PRC's to device
    2) Perform a soft reset
    3) Turn ON wireless mode (Network search should freeze, no flip_
    4) Locate Reset Radio app and launch Reset Radio app
    5) Wait 5 seconds
    6) Switch back to Phone app
    7) Turn on Wireless mode and see if Flip appears

And you should be successful in logging on to your network. However I will greatly appreciate your feedback after you have tried these solution. Also please note kindly do not distribute this files to anyone.

Please call us at 716-871-6448 and mention the case number listed in the subject and any agent you speak to and they will be able to walk you through any other issues you may have

And just in case if the application did not work and you still face the problem I will be able to replace the Treo for you.

Thank You
    Nelson.
    Handspring Technical Support.
    <<ResetRadio.prc>> <<SdrvDirectRadioLib.prc>>
    What happens if you try to run the updater again?
    Yeah, try running the updater again. It may provide a completely new image that works.

Before you do that, download the updater again. Your copy of it may be corrupted. Then try running it again.

Hope this helps,
    Rob
    Rob
    Unfortunately reapplying the upgrade does not have any impact on the problem. Call be crazy or call me brave, but after the first problem I brazenly applied the upgrade to a 2nd using the same upgrade file and it worked just like the book says.

The only difference was doing a hard reset prior to the upgrade and then making sure that wireless was turned off. It seems like the problem is definitely due to interference with something running in the background.

Now, any other ideas on my overpriced Treo 90, and getting it back to the land of communication. All of the posts so far have not worked. I wonder if the damage is not a physical hardware one?
    I also lost my phone when the updater crashed part way through. I was able to do a hard reset, then ran the updater again. This time it worked, and I have my phone back. I can't yet get GPRS to work on Rogers AT&T (not sure of settings), but at least I have a phone.
    I also lost my phone when the updater crashed part way through. I was able to do a hard reset, then ran the updater again. This time it worked, and I have my phone back. I can't yet get GPRS to work on Rogers AT&T (not sure of settings), but at least I have a phone.
    Yes, it happened here too! It gets to about the W on the ROM write and it just stalls and never recovers. I used JackSprat and even putting the original ROM back does you no good. The radio reset files are a joke.

I believe I will try a serial reset of the ROM using JackSprat and see what happens but it doesn't look good. If you blow it, it is done with for the moment.

Just wondering though, how many of you had installed that beta patch for the headset issue and had the GPRS patch kill the phone?
    I dont think the headset patch has anything to do with the installation hang-ups
    I had it installed on mine and had no problems.

Originally posted by thegman

Just wondering though, how many of you had installed that beta patch for the headset issue and had the GPRS patch kill the phone?
    I never had it installed on mine, and still had the problem. In my case I still believe that there was a program lurking in ROM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12