OK guys...im looking for some help please!!!!!!

I got the patch installed, and everything went smoothly.

But when it was installed and i looked in the network tab...

I just had one connection which was locked and wouldnt connect.

so i made a new connection, and left everything as default in the new connection including username password and apn all blank as default.

it connects fine....but i cant get any data at all, it simply doesnt allow me to send or receive data...

my account is FOR SURE GPRS enabled because i use my blackberry 5810 on the same SIM card, and it uses GPRS....

so....
    im guessing i either need a username or password or an APN for the ROGERS ATT network in CANADA...

i tried setting the apn as PROXY
    as per a post i read...but that didnt work either...it cannot connect when i put that in.....

can anyone help me connect? maybe someone has some network settings.....do i have to specify dns or ip? and where would i find this out? or is there some apn i need to use specific to rogers att in canada...

please help me out if anyone can!!! im so eager to get this working online!!using GPRS!!!

thanks in advance!
    Hello.
    It is probably the DNS addresses that is incorrect. Please call your service provider.

/ Martin
    do i have to have an apn to connect? or is it ok to leave this blank...also if i have a dns where would i specify it??

i cant find a spot to place a new dns...
    You need to get your APN, User Name and Password from Rogers. Call them!

The settings should be as follows:

Service: Rogers GPRS (or anything else you want to call it)
    Connection: GPRS
    User Name: The user name rogers give you
    Password: the password that rogers give you
    APN: The address that rogers give you

I couldn't find the settings online.. even though I was able to find FIDO's settings on a web site.

Originally posted by vybe
    do i have to have an apn to connect? or is it ok to leave this blank...also if i have a dns where would i specify it??

i cant find a spot to place a new dns...
    Go to System ->Prefs-> Network, Press Modify, Details, Advanced, IP Address should probably be automatic, Uncheck Quary DNS and enter Primary and Secondary DNS addresses. Good Luck!
    will rogers give me the apn the username and password???

if i tell em its for the treo they will surely not give this to me.....

any idea on the right way to approach thiq question to them?
    also another question...does everyone who has made gprs work had to enter in a username password and APN? has anyone been able to connect without?

why can i connect to gprs using no password username or apn...?
    (doesnt work) but if i needed a password and apn...why does it let me into the network....says established...but i cant access anything.
    thanks in advance
    will rogers give me the apn the username and password???

if i tell em its for the treo they will surely not give this to me.....

any idea on the right way to approach thiq question to them?
    This is what happened with me... It was a very friendly conversation with a voicestream data services rep. It turned out that I didn't need any of this info for VS, but the conversation was interesting and could help you.

Me: I need the APN, username and password to connect my phone to GPRS.
    CS: Sure I can help you with that, what's your mobile phone number...
    CS: What kind of phone do you have?
    Me: Handspring Treo
    CS: Sorry Sir, but your phone is not able to use GPRS
    Me: I just installed a GPRS upgrade on my phone
    CS: Really?! Is it a test version?
    Me: [thinking: ummmm] Yes.
    CS: So when it is coming out?!
    Me: [Thinking: ???!] Pretty soon I think... it is in good shape.
    CS: We've been getting A LOT of questions about it....
    CS: OK, the APN is... etc etc etc

So don't expect the worst. Be patient, ask for the info confidently and, if asked, your device supports it... you're a tester... (aren't we all? ;-))... There are tens of testers out there on each provider's network and they all must have signed up for the service.

Could be considered a small white lie, but who are we hurting here? We are paying our providers money and providing free testing information to Handspring.
    is it necessary to enter an APN username and password?

has anyone connected and used gprs without entering an apn username and password?

when i enter in...

off of

howardforums.com

i was able to search and find the following

which claim to be gprs wap settings

APN: goam.com or internet.com
    IP: 208.200.067.150 or no ip (automatic)
    User: wapuser1
    Pass: wap

I tried all the settings above and still nothing, mostly says unable to connect or your gprs account may not be active...

but i know the gprs account is active cuz i use a blackberry 5810 off the same sim as my primary phone, and i have almost every data service and gprs on that sim becaue of the blackberry....

but...when i enter in NO apn or username or password
    i can establish a connection to GPRS...it doesnt give me any errors (wierd)...but i cannot access anything...

does this make sense?
    is it necessary to enter an APN username and password?

but...when i enter in NO apn or username or password
    i can establish a connection to GPRS...it doesnt give me any errors (wierd)...but i cannot access anything...

does this make sense?
    No, it's not necessary to enter this info, at least with VoiceSteam/T-Mobile. It sounds like you're connecting too without entering anything. See the other threads about using a proxy to make Blazer work. Same information is also available in the main article "GPRS alive and well on Treo " off the main page.

Good luck.
    Last edited by silverado; 09/01/2002 at 01:43 PM.