Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Originally posted by mervynle
    My icon stays there, but I don't think it's a Treo bug, but an AT&T one, because the same thing happens on my Siemens phone from AT&T.
    I just got off the phone with AT&T Customer service and they said they are still working out the bugs.

The one bummer is that I can't send/receive international SMS, the rep said that they are working on it. The work around is to send the SMS to the AT&T e-mail address, ie. phone#@mobile.att.net

Did you find a way to send e-mails via SMS? The " SMS email center number " is set to -1. I was hoping to send e-mails by just putting the e-mail address in the to: field. It's a bit annoying having to send everything to 00000000 and putting the e-mail address in the body.

Great! Thanks. I think that the 270 has software to display that icon on top. I have the 180. Anybody happen know of a software update that will add that voicemail icon to the 180?
    My Cingular-powered 180 had the voicemail icon just like my 270 has. Do you happen to be using Voicestream? I have read many posts here about problems in getting the voicemail icon in certain VS markets.
    Originally posted by SoCalVisor

My Cingular-powered 180 had the voicemail icon just like my 270 has. Do you happen to be using Voicestream? I have read many posts here about problems in getting the voicemail icon in certain VS markets.
    Yeah, I do use Voicestream. And I actually just tried a friend's AT&T SIM card a couple days ago and found out that it did display the voicemail icon for their message box. So it's Voicestream. Thanks for the note of confirmation!
    Originally posted by mervynle
    My icon stays there, but I don't think it's a Treo bug, but an AT&T one, because the same thing happens on my Siemens phone from AT&T.
    Just got setup on AT&T and talked to support about the voicemail icon bug. The fix is very simple. After you delete your last message, and you return to the main menu, you must hit the *-key to get rid of the icon. If you hangup before doing so the icon will persist. Fixes the problem for the Siemens phone. Still testing for the Treo.
    Last edited by pkrueger; 09/13/2002 at 01:32 PM.
    OK Dudes!

I just bought a Treo 180 on Ebay and after plenty of convincing, got ATT to sell me a $25 SIM and convert my TDMA account to GSM.

I live in Sacramento, CA, area.

Voice service is great, and I can receive SMS, but not send SMS or any data.

Also, no Voicemail notification

So... I'm considering the GPRS update, but I'm confused.

Questions:

1. Do I need to tell ATT or is GPRS automatically active?

2. Is there really no rollback? What is GPRS is really buggy for me?

3. How do I configure for the ATT network ... remember that ATT will not provide me any support because they don't support the Treo!

4. Alternatives? Does anybody know the SMS "dial-up" number for ATT so I can send SMS? ??

Thanks!

...Terry.
    tgauch@yahoo.com
    ...Terry.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12